Monday, August 9, 2010

Pandora's Box

Our day went by really fast! I dont know what was different about today, but it was a really good day!

Eli slept in until 8a.m, and then went back down for around 10:15a.m, he slept until close to 12p.m, and we went out to pick my sister up. Then we made a quick trip to wal mart, came home had some lunch and Eli was back in bed by 2:30p.m, and slept until 4:30p.m. Im wondering when this 2 nap a day thing is going to end. I enjoy the 4 hours a day of quietness however it makes things very difficult to get together with people or get out in the day. We basically have a 2-3 hour time frame between 12-3 that we can do something! Im not complaining, but its hard to have a life!

So, I think I've opened Pandora's Box. My neighbor from across the street came over yesterday as I was cutting the lawn to tell me how great out new door looked. I said thankyou and she said "So your landlord must be happy that you did this!!" I replied, "Oh actually we own it." Neighbor: "Oh really? So your parents must've helped you." Me: "No, we bought it ourselves on our own." Neighbor: "Really? Well you did a great job on the door, it looks awesome!!" So our conversation continued on, and I basically learned her whole life story and most issues she has in her life. I happened to mention andy is a plumber, and she said they're having some issues. Well we finished our conversation and that was that. Today she stopped by and asked if andy could come look at the issues, but the catch was that if her husband came home andy has to say he's from the rental company because she doesnt want him to know shes paying for it and not the landlord. Okay, so then she mentions that her husband has anger issues. Great! I told her that I wasnt very comfortable with that because what happens if her husband sees andy cutting the grass or driving home one day and puts it together, then what? "Good point, okay never mind Ill call our plumber, oh by the way do you have any coffee? My husband used the rest of ours and I dont have any left and I asked all the neighbors but they said they dont drink coffee, could I borrow some from you?" Me: "Sure." I pull out our folgers coffee, grab a ziploc fill it half full. "Oh actually could you fill it all the way to the top? Ill bring you a bag back once we get some." So I filled it and she went on her way.

Im just hoping I havent opened pandora's box and now she's going to come over here everyday. I think she's very lonley and they dont have alot of money. Really sad. Maybe Im just supposed to love her. We'll see what happens! Keep you posted!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she could use a really good friend but still be careful if her husband has anger issues.