Friday, September 17, 2010

Family Dinner

I was very thankful that Eli napped twice yesterday (in total 4 hours!). Not only did I have time to relax, but I was also able to get alot done.

We had our last family dinner last night before Katherine leaves and I worked my butt off. Marinated steak, baked potatoes, garlic mushrooms, and cheese cake to finish it off! It was a good meal and the company was great, but let me tell you by the end of the night I was tired!

Before everybody left we sat down and prayed for Katherine and her DTS. It was an emotional evening, and this weekend will be hard too. Im so excited for her to go, and I believe there is no safer or better place for Katherine to be than to where God is calling her. It will be a hard adjustment, but so worth it in the end!

I think today Eli and I will try and have a quiet day. We have no plans, and really nothing to do so Im crossing my fingers that when he wakes up he's going to be a happy fun boy to be around! We'll see though!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a full day! What's your recipe for the mushrooms?

Karla Hope: said...

Its soo easy and so good!! My mother in law loves them! Im going to be honest, sometimes for supper Ill make myself an egg on toast, and do some mushrooms up and thats my supper!! mmm

Its mushrooms cut up however you'd like, throw in some butter or margarine into your pan, use 2 or 3 cloves of garlic crushed or cut up, I think the more garlic the better so I overload on the garlic. Then I cover them and let the moisture come out, pull the lid off and let the water cook off. Sooo goooood!