Saturday, September 11, 2010

What a night!

What an incredible night! It started off awesome, and ended well not so great!

It was my sisters going away party out at my parents house. Andy and I had my mother in law babysit so we could enjoy the evening visiting and catching up with people. I went out early to help get set up and ready as close to 35 people had rsvp'ed!! By the end of the night close to 50 people had come and gone and I think I visited with 3/4 of all of them! I feel so blessed by the conversations I had! I had alot of encouraging conversations from close family friends just about being a mom, and still being Karla. A few years ago I made a huge effort to send out a card to someone who I felt was on my heart, just to encourage them and bless them... I think its important I start that up again! Having just a tad bit of encouragement can keep a person going when they're not sure they can anymore!! Its easy to say Im going to do it, but following through is the tough part!

When I got home from the party last night my MIL told me Eli had woken up a few times (which he has been doing lately, but usually falls back asleep without us going in!) I didnt think too much of it. We got ready for bed and were in bed before midnight. Well, lets just say we were up every hour and a half with Eli. He'd wake up crying, we'd go in, bring him downstairs to sit, and then he'd want to play. His nose is also very stuffy, so Im thinking he was upset in the first place because his teeth hurt and because he cant breath while sucking on his soother! Finally, after being up 3 times already and it being 4a.m with a baby -I mean toddler screaming his lungs off I decided I had to do something. We were given a nice blanket from my aunt & uncle for our wedding. We keep this blanket on the couch all the time, so I grabbed the blanket, laid it on the couch and put Eli on top then proceeded to swaddle my 15 month old! He was not happy, but he started to settle down fairly quickly after that. With his legs to tight to his body he definitly let me know he had an upset stomach. Once he calmed down and relaxed I took him out and pumped his legs which helped him feel a bit better. I put him back down around 4:30a.m, and he slept till just before 8a.m with only a few squeeks. So our longest stretch last night was 3.5 hours!! I think having a newborn was easier than this because they usually fall back asleep once they're full!

Getting up this morning I left andy in bed, and came downstairs with Eli. He is quite content now, and I forsee a nap within a few hours. I generally can function on not alot of sleep, but not Andy. And not to mention he got up on Friday morning at 4a.m to work out, so he's had waaay less sleep than me over the past 24 hours. By the looks of things Eli should be fine to do whatever today, its the night times that are the issue. And can anyone tell me why he always does this (keeping us up most of the night!!) always on a weekend!? Im thankful because then I have Andy's help, but then its also a waste of a weekend!

I have a feeling that its goiong to be a quiet day today, the weather is gloomy and we're both feeling tired... I cant imagine how tired Eli must be! Time will soon tell!!

So what started as an awesome night of being blessed and feeling so proud of my sister who is leaving in a week for her missions trip, ended up in a quite stressful, tiring night!! Unfortunately its nights like these that I think "Why on earth would I want another one!?" And Andy even mentioned at one moment "This kid is great birth control right now!!" Great.

Hope you all slept good last night!! If you feel so inclined your prayers would be appreciated, Im hoping and praying for a good day of long naps, happy boy, and everyone having a good sleep tonight!!

No comments: