Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Short Week

Back into another week we go. Lucikly for me its a short week. Andy had yesterday off (with pay! Yes!!) so we did some shopping and had a nice day together! Man, after spending 4 days together its been hard having him back at work today!

Eli & I ventured out to do some Christmas shopping this morning and I was surprised how much I was able to get done. Usually Im in and out of a store within minutes because Eli doesnt have the patience to hang out in his stroller, but today as long as I kept him distracted he was good. I'd really like to set up our Christmas tree soon, I know its only mid november but I feel like its time! We'll have to see how to go about setting up our tree, and putting presents underneath with the little guy around. Im sure its going to be a new fun looking toy that Eli would love to get his hands on. So, I may have to reconsider putting it up so early.

One of the things Eli and I have been doing lately is going to the new library in Sherwood Park. Its so nice! Eli loves running around, playing with the train set and walking in and out of the miniature house! He is definitly in his element there, even though he has no interest in the books. Boy, if only I could get him to sit for long enough to finish through one book.

For those of you that are American and reading my blog I have to tell you, Im counting down the days till next week. You know what Im talking about right? American Thanksgiving!! My baby sister is coming home to visit. In reality she is not a baby in any way shape or form, she is a beautiful young woman who is growing up like crazy! Because its American thanksgiving she gets a few days off and is going to come. As a family we've decided to do Christmas next weekend all together. My older sister will be in Prince George with her inlaws for Christmas, and Katherine will be in Brazil so its going to be Andy, Eli and I with my parents. I cant wait to see my sister. She's half way through her DTS (discipleship training school) and this is a perfect break to see her. I cant wait for Eli to see her. Even though he hasnt seen her in months Im sure he will recognizer her right away! He was talking to her on the phone on Sunday night. He kept saying "Hi!" and then he'd show her all the words he can say, which let me tell you his vocabulary is growing by the day! Its insane!

Tonight Im off to the gym, its been close to a month since Ive been... and I dont want to go but I know once I do itll feel so good, and I need to take some time for myself!

For those of you in Sherwood Park/Edmonton I hope your enjoying the cold, and the snow thats about to come this week! I guess we had it pretty good up until this point!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

This made me cry. I love you so much! And I cant wait to see you next week!!