Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cars, Cars, Cars

Andy and I always said that once he was done school and was a journeyman we would get a new vehicle. Well that time has arrived and we feel completely overwhelmed. I do at least.

So many choices, and of course I like one vehicle and Andy likes another. Ill be the primary driver of our new vehicle. We're not too sure if Andy's little tercel (which was my first car!!) will survive another winter, so we figure we have to do something pretty fast. For those of you that know my husband (and he'll agree with this!) he's an import snob. Just this weekend we were talking about it, and he couldnt agree more, but he wont buy a domestic vehicle... only an import. Sometimes this bothers me, but since he will be the guy doing the work on it, I suppose I shouldnt argue!

We've looked at the Honda CR-V and Toyota Rav4, but lately our eyes have been interested in the Subaru Forrester, as well as the Mitsubishi RVR (a new SUV). We're looking for an SUV of some sort, not really ready to commit to a mini van yet. But the choices out there are endless. A new vehicle goes along with a hefty price tag, and I dont want to be paying a $1000 in car payments and insurance in a month! Debt scares me, thats probably a good thing.

I made the phone call to the bank today to talk loans and all that stuff, we figure thats the first place to start so if we find something we have the funds in place.

So what do you think? Any good SUVs out there that have stolen your heart? Id love to know!

1 comment:

Grace said...

all I can say is, don't get a first generation ANYTHING. they tend to have too many kinks not yet worked out.

what about the nissan rogue? I've always liked how it looks.. but that is the extent of my knowledge about how good of a vehicle it is.

good luck! how exciting!