Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sleep & other things

Not that I want to jinx it or anything but I am completely and totally amazed! The past few days Eli has slept like a champ! We're putting him to bed around 8:00pm depending on the night and how he is feeling, and he's been sleeping till 8:45am-9:00am!! I cant believe it!!

I wake up and look at the clock and figure its time to get up, and he doesnt wakeup for awhile! Its nice to have some time in the morning to myself to check my email, tidy up, get his breakfast started, or even get dressed myself!

Tomorrow morning we're heading out of the house for around 9:00am to be somewhere for 9:15, so I have a feeling Ill have to wake him up instead of him waking me up! I remember when he used to get up at 5a.m, and the day was so long! Just wait, because Ive said all of this tomorrow he'll be up before the sun! And I have to be honest, as I got up this morning after sleeping in until 8:20ish, I thought to myself that Im really enjoying my sleep and am not sure if Im ready to have another baby anytime soon because it'll be another long year before I have sleep to myself again!

Last night, I headed off to the Catholic Church in Sherwood Park, they were having a blood donor drive and Ive wanted to donate for a long time. Since before I had Eli. But I couldnt because I had been to mexico, or gotten a tattoo, or was pregnant and then after I was pregnant I couldnt either for 6 months because I was RH negative, and had to get a shot after I had Eli, so yesterday was the day! Or not. I went in for my appointment, sat down and waited for my number to be called. They checked over my information, then poked my finger to check my iron levels. Awesome!! The woman said that girls generally never have such good iron. The lowert they'll accept was 123 and I had 150. The girl sitting beside me had too low of iron so couldnt donate. Anyways, next I filled out my form, and waited again to speak to a nurse. I went back into her little area to talk. She took my blood pressure which was awesome as well. (Am I feeling good about myself at this point or what!!!) Then she took my temperature, 37.8 degrees celcius. I had a fever. I felt fine, wasnt feeling warm, or ill at all. She said that it was an issue because the highest they'll accept is 37.5. Of course. She said if I wanted I could wait 10 minute, but if I had been sitting with my jacket off, and hadnt just drank a coffee or anything chances are it wouldnt go down. Since I had to be home in less than an hour because Andy was going out, I didnt have time to wait. I was kind of shocked walking out of there, I didnt think the thing to stop me from donating blood would be my temperature! Maybe next time. So Ill call today to make another appointment to donate blood at the next blood drive, and we'll see what happens!

Anyways, I should tidy up the house and maybe have some breakfast before Eli wakes up. I should also maybe go check to see if he's breathing since its almost 9am. Remember Im not complaning or anything, and itll be just my luck that ive completely jinxed this sleeping routine!!

Here are some picture from our Family Christmas this past weekend! Enjoy!

                                             Getting the chicken ready for fondue!
                                                           My 2 boys!
                                                        Hi Mom!!
                                                        Hanging out on the couch
                                                   Eli apparently not impressed
Kristin, me and Eli
The Hoffmanns, Hopes, Schlamps and a Pearcey.
The whole Family!

No comments: