Friday, December 17, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Eli's been down and out this week. Last night he had a fever, and his cough is uncontrollable. The poor kid is just wiped from coughing so hard and so he's sleeping like crazy! Luckily, he is actually sleeping instead of being up multiple times in the night and not napping! Ive defintly been praying that he'd continue to sleep well.

I've been busy this week, thus not posting too often. We have our basement that is continuously having work done on it, but Im feeling the itch to get it done so we can have another liveable space instead of a place to store junk. So I tidied it up and painted it. It looks great and its incredible what a couple coats of paint can do to freshen up an area up! Now we just would like to get some couches and get it all set up to be able to watch movies down there, and also have Eli play down there.

On top of the main room that I painted down there (which was a huge job!!) I also did the back room. I cleaned it out and painted it and am turning it into an office/andy's punching bag room. Right now we dont have a designated office and Id really like to have somewhere specific where we can put all the papers to be filed away, to set up our desk and our computer, etc. So now that its painted (I still have 1 more coat to do) but I would love to start putting some pictures on the wall, maybe some wall decals or something. I want it to be a place that I enjoy going and relaxing in, the exact same thing with the other area in the basement. I think we're getting there, still have alot of work to do but one step closer. I cant wait!

This morning as I ran upstairs and quickly got dressed so I could come downstairs and get Eli dressed and then walk out the door. Last night, Andy and I sat and enjoyed some Ferrero Rocher chocolates, and left the tin with some chocolates sitting on the floor. Well after I took the minute and a half to get dressed and came downstairs Eli was sitting on his musical chair with something in his hand! Once I looked closer I noticed that the 3 chocolates that should've been in the Ferrero Rocher tin were no long there, and he only had 1 in his hand! He had such complete delight eating that little chocolate. When I came downstairs and looked at him all I heard was "Nummy, yummy..." It was pretty stinkin cute. When I turned my back for a quick moment to grab his clothes from the laundry basket, I looked back at him and sure enough he had all 3 chocoaltes sitting in his tray on his chair! All Icould do was laugh... oh and grab my camera!




After we went to the chiropractor this morning we decided that instead of heading out to our regular Friday play time to head out to my parents place. Since Eli had a fever last night and wasnt feeling well I didnt think it would be a good idea to take him around other kids. So off we went to myparents. Eli wasnt completely content there but it was nice to have my mom & dad to help me with him especially when he's in a mood. He loves being around them, and the last time my dad came over to visit (this week) Eli started crying and reaching up to my dad when he left. Eli & my dad have one thing in common, they love being outside... and luckily for Eli, Dad never has an issue about taking him outside. So when my dad came inside this afternoon from doing a bit of work outside and Eli decided he wanted to go out Dad was more than happy to take him. These pictures melt my heart.




No comments: