Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2nd week of art class

Last night was the second week of my art class. There were only 3 people from the class last week that came back however the roads were quite bad.

This class is different from what I expected. Yesterday our teacher came in and asked "So what do you want to do? Do you just want to start painting?" In my mind I assumed every week we'd learn a different technique or she'd show us something different. She has a very strong polish accent so she can sometimes be difficult to understand. The 3 of us crowded around her as we asked her to show us a few different techniques. I also assumed that she might bring her own tools and canvas to show us a few things. This isnt the case. Each week she starts out on someones canvas and shows us a few things (if we ask her). That being said I did 2 paintings last night and walked out so happy and loving them. Which doesnt usually happen... liking your own art work I mean. There is also an advanced art class that comes in to paint at the same time. Im not sure if they're paying to be there or what but I also felt like she spent more time helping the advanced class than the 3 of us present at the abstract class. A few times I had to sit and wait to hear feedback from her. She only came around to me once in the whole 3 hour class. I was quite frustrated but like I said I came out with 2 great art pieces. That being said, I spent alot of money on this class and to not really feel like Im learning anything or having alot of her attention Im not sure if I would have taken the class if I had known this would be how the class was. But the other side I keep reminding myself is that I get to go out for the evening and just have quiet time to myself ( and enjoy my second cup coffee too!!) I do feel very inspired, and excited about developing more of myself. We'll see where it goes.

Its been 4 days since I had my mole removed on my foot. My foot is very sore still and Im finding that because im walking (hobbling, actually) around on the outside of my foot that my whole foot is sore. The muscles in my leg & foot are achy, and when I apply complete pressure flat on my foot the outside of my foot tingles... not sure if thats good but I get the stitches out on Monday and Im hoping that the pain will be gone by then.

Hope your having a good week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should post some pics of your paintings!! I'd love to see them!

Kristin