Sunday, January 23, 2011

Joy

It absolutely blows my mind how a child can bring so much joy to a family!! I really notice how Eli changes the family dynamics and mood when we have family dinner with my whole family!!

Tonight was one of those nights. We had family dinner at my parents place, and while we were eating dessert we plunked Eli down on one end of the table and he hung out happily drinking his tea. Yes, Eli loves tea. He had it at my older sisters place one time and now everytime we turn down their road he says "Tea???" So he sat and drank his tea and played in his cup. Kristin would pour him a bit more once he finished it and he would continue drinking it. At one point, she asked him to tell her a story and he just started blabbing away! Who knows what he was saying but he had no problem letting us know he had something to say. She would then say something along the lines of "Oh really? Can you tell me more." And off he would go... including waving his hands around. We all sat and laughed and just enjoyed listening to his "stories" while he soaked up all the attention. It was such a joy to spend time with my family and listen to him chat away.

We are so blessed. I know I say this all the time, but it really is so true!!
This weekend was incredible. Fully of relaxing, and spending time together! No one can complain about that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet!