Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Art class

Last night was my first art class. Remember, awhile back I said I signed up for this class and I was totally nervous? The reason I needed to do this class though was because I feel like its so easy to let myself go and forget who "Karla" is as a person, apart from being a mom, a wife, a daughter, sister, friend, etc.

I was very nervous going into it, and Im pretty sure Andy expected that I was going to try and get out of it because the roads were so icy.

But I went, and loved it. The instructor of the class seems like she knows what she is talking about, and is very encouraging. I loved her mindset about the list of materials and when it comes to making art. She encouraged everyone not to invest in really expensive stuff, because the cheaper stuff is just as good. It was a great feeling being totally in control of what I want to do, and expressing my feeling with the colors and paint. Im already looking forward to next week, and it seems like the rest of the students in the class are really nice too! We're all kind of coming from the same place (wanting to learn something new) while having a good time.

No comments: