Monday, January 3, 2011

Blessings

Over Christmas I've realized a few things.

1) How blessed we are. I cannot believe how blessed we are. As a couple that has been married for almost 4 years, and in our early-mid 20's we cannot thank God enough for what we have! We have bought a home, have 3 vehicles (currently selling 1!!), food on our table, nice furniture, and the list goes on. The other night as I was putting Eli into bed, and he was cuddling with me, I just became so overwhelmed with how lucky we are. God has been so faithful to us, and I give Him all the Praise. He has continued to provide a job for Andy, and even when Andy was laid off we had more money than when He was working. Dont ask me how, but God was faithful and provided for us!

Tonight, as we sat down to our table to eat supper which consisted of a roasted chicken, potatoes, carrots, yorkshire pudding, and salad I again felt so blessed. Some people cannot afford to have food on their table and here we are eating an incredible meal.

2) I have an incredible husband. On Sunday morning as I was getting ready in the bathroom, Eli & Andy were playing in the hallway. Eli was giggling like there was no tomorrow, and Andy was enjoying making him laugh. My heart was filled with joy because I love how my husband is so hands on with our son. He loves wrestling with him, chasing him around the house, playing "karate" with him, taking him outside for a walk, and the list goes on. I think often times many dads arent neccisarily hands on, or willing to take initiative to care for their children, and my husband is definitly not one of those guys. He is always willing to take care of Eli so I can go out for an evening, or during the day on a weekend. Im so thankful for this amazing man! He is the love of my life, and makes me laugh every day! My heart still jumps whenever I see his car pull up to the house when he gets home from work.

3) Money - Again we are blessed. Have you seen the show "Till Debt Do us Part" ?? Well recently, Andy and I decided we needed to buckle down and get on a budget. Our money issues are no means like the couples that you see on the show, but often times at the end of the month we'd pay our bills and then spend whatever money we had left over. We were saving minimal, and then wonder were X amount of money was actually going. So I googled the show and Gail Vaz-Oxlade has a blog with all the resources you need to get on the "budget" she uses for the couples on her show. So I sat down, and used the spreadsheets that calculate the "jar" money and off we went. So far it feels incredible to be saving what we're saving, and seeing where our money goes. We've stopped using ALL debit, and use only cash. Andy and I have X amount of money per week to spend, and that includes our weekly groceries, movies, gas for our vehicles (lucky for andy his vehicle only costs $20 some dollars to fill, compared to my $60!!) but once our money is gone, its gone. No going into debt to go out for supper, or buy couches or whatever... if its gone, its gone. And I love seeing how different our life is so far! Its incredible! Again, we're blessed to have as much money as we do, but God has blessed us with it, and we need to make wise decisions. Id encourage you to check our her blog, and resources that she has. Its an easy spreadsheet to fill out and easy to understand. Following it may not be as easy, but its do able!! Let me know what you think of it!

http://www.gailvazoxlade.com/

I hope your feeling as blessed as my family is this Christmas season & New Year!!

No comments: