Thursday, January 27, 2011

Really? Again?

The time has come... yet again. Can you guess what Im talking about? Think hard, really hard!!

Over the past few days, Ive noticed something that Eli has been doing more than usual.... can you guess? He's been cranky, and moody, but I just assumed it was him cutting a few teeth.

I decided today that it was time to call the doctor to get things checked out. We went and met with a new Dr that we're going to start going to. She works right behind our house, and when I called at 10:30am this morning I was able to get Eli in for 4:00p.m. So what has Eli been doing more than usual? Tugging at his ears, sticking his fingers in his ears, twisting his ears, covering them up with his hands.

Let me tell you how happy I was when we walked into the office and the nurse said she could take us right into the room, we followed her in, took Eli's jacket off, and our dr was in within 5 minutes. Checked one year, good, checked the other ear... really bad. The tubes are still in his ears, but the one ear is very inflamed. On to the antibiotics. She told me she wants to put him on a different antibiotic that is more expensive but is also more effective. Great! We have benefits so Im not too worried about the cost.

I decided to go to Save On to get the perscription filled because I had to grab some groceries, usually I go to wal mart because I heard its cheapest. Well, I gave him our insurance info and off I went. When I went back to pay he told me that I didnt have to anything! Not a scent!! Really? The perscription was close to $50, and I didnt pay a scent!! Funny thing is last week I was praying about our finances and that God would work all the details out. And here is one little thing that just worked out. We could've afforded to pay for this but it was taken care of!!

So, Im asking you to pray for our little guy. Im feeling frustrated and at my wits end again at what to do with the poor kid who cant get 6 months of relief without an ear infection! Seems like he just doesnt get a break. Im also feeling a tad bit sorry for myself that I cant do anything to help him more than what Im doing. Poor me, right? Try being the kid with the ouchie ears, I know, I know. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!!

No comments: