Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow issues and people

This week so far has been a pretty good week. Its going by fast so far which is good. My little sister has a few weeks left of her DTS, and I cant wait to have her home. We havent talked to her that much this week because her team has ventured out to help near the landslides. This makes me extremely nervous but I trust that God is taking care of them. In fact, as I was sitting in church on Sunday asking God "Why are you sending her there?!" He said to me, "Ill take care of her. Do not be afraid." So needless to say, Im trying not to worry, but Im looking forward to hearing from her at the end of the week and her being out of harms way!!

Last night Andy and I went to visit our marriage counsellor whom we've been seeing for over 4 year. We saw her for our pre marital counselling, and she told us at that time she likes to see couples every 6 months to a year. So, Andy and I have aimed to visit her every 6 months to a year. We also got to visit with our awesome friends who babysat Eli. We always feel great leaving our hour session because we both know coming out that Andy and I are both willing to continue working our butts off at our marriage. But something else happened as we were heading into the office. We parked in the back alley behind our friends place and decided to walk to Val's office since its less than half a block from our friends place to her office. As we were walking there was a couple in their early-mid 30's trying to get out of their parking spot. They were both fairly dressed up, and looking helpless. The guy looks at us and yells at Andy "Hey you!! Come here, take the keys so I can push the car out." And said "Uh no, you drive Ill push." The guy says "No, here take the keys, you drive, man." I meanwhile got in front of the car and he says "No, not you! Your boyfriend, he can push." This guys girlfriend was standing there dressed up in her nice pants and boots looking so embarassed. I said to her, "Its okay, Ill push." This guy goes off again, "Okay, we're going to rock it" He's in the car, Andy and I are pushing (or attempting to push!!) the car back. And Mr.saab is yelling at us to rock it. Good luck. We didnt get the car moved, and we told him that we had to go because we had an appointment. He says to me, "Your boyfriend, he's a good guy." I said, "He's my husband, thanks." I couldnt believe the attitude of this guy when he wanted our help, and how rude he was.

Previously before we dropped Eli off at our friends place, we got our vehicle stuck. Andy pushed, and I "rocked" or attempted to. A young girl about my age also came out to help, then another girl, and then an older woman. All 4 of them are pushing, meanwhile a guy on his bike goes by and says he has some traction spikes and will go get them. He went and got them, placed them under the tires and out we went. We have to get some of those. Anyways, I was so thankful that all those people helped us. Its interesting to me the 2 different experiences. The guy who told us (didnt ask us!!) to help him, and was incredibly rude. And then us, we didnt ask anyone to help us they just offered we had by the time we were out 6 people helping us!! Im so thankful theres nice people out there.

SO... today after I went to bible study (we're studying Jonah, and interruptions of life) I went to get my wires trimmed on my braces. As I was leaving I came to an intersection where there was a big coke truck waiting to turn and an older lady walking with her walker on the road. Because of the freezing rain from last night the roads are icy and wet. I continued on my way and all of a sudden something ( or maybe SOMEONE????) said to me, "You should go offer that woman a ride home." I could turn around, but kept driving, and the thought kept pushing, "Go offer her a ride." So I turned around and tried to find her. She was trekking through a smooshy, icy, wet parking lot, clearly struggling. I pulled up beside her. "Excuse me, can I give you a ride home? Its so wet and icy you shouldnt have to walk through this parking! Its really dangerous." "Oh thank you, I would appreciate that so much." I got out, put her walker into my vehicle, and helped her in." it was so icy, I was afraid she was going to slip walking around the vehicle. She didnt live far from where we were, a 1 minute drive by the time we got her home. She told me the taxi drivers wont drive her because of her walker, so she had to walk to the mall to get her meds. Really?! A taxi driver wont drive her to her destination because of her walker?! I was annoyed at that! But Im so glad I listened to that voice, and gave her a ride home.

As I made my way home, I felt so blessed. Why? Because I have a reliable vehicle that is big enough to offer a little old lady (who when I looked into her eyes, reminded me of my Grandma) and I was able to put her walker in my SUV without a fight or unsure of if it would fit or not. I felt so good that I had listened to that voice and was obedient in what we being told to me.

Having to turn around and go back looking for her was a bit of "Interruption" but who knows what wouldve happened had I not. Maybe she wouldve slipped and fallen, it would've taken her a good 15-20 minutes to get through the snow filled parking lot (or dare I saw ice rink!?) and for me to turn around and help her out was nothing.

I am so thankful at how blessed we truly are.

No comments: