Friday, February 25, 2011

Grace

Iam so glad its the weekend! It was a short, busy week but it was good. We leave for Mexico in just a few days and I am so excited. Ive been packing for the past week, and we're almost all ready!

Yesterday, I worked my hiney off to clean the house and do as much laundry as possible. It paid off. Im looking forward to coming home to a clean house... nothing worse than a messy house after a nice relaxing holiday!

This week my head space has been very full! Lists of things to do, things to pack, stuff to be done, errands to be ran, and most importantly... I feel like God is trying to teach me something. At bible study this week there was a speaker, there were some things that she said that really spoke to me.

The thing I feel like God is wanting me to learn more about is Grace. One of the definitions of Grace is -  The freely given, unmerited favor and love of God. No matter what circumstance. I had a friend post this on her facebook status - "Why is it that people always feel entitled to anger yet they don't feel responsible to be gracious! Its the opposite with God- He IS entitled to be angry with us...yet He always offers us grace!!!"

There was something that happened last weekend that both Andy and I felt very angry about. I cant go into too many details, but we had a lot of questions and along with feeling sad and somewhat hurt with someone else's actions and certain decisions that were made. After reading my friends facebook status I started thinking about it. And it started getting to me. Before God even got angry about this situation or any situation for that matter, He felt sad, and He extends Grace. Isn't that why Jesus died on the cross for us? 


I've been praying that God would show me how to react in this situation and what I should do. "Show some Grace..." Nice and easy right? Not really!! But its something that I sure am going to strive to become; more graceful. 

2 Corinthians 12:9 - But he has told me, "My grace is all you need, because my power is perfected in weakness." Therefore, I will most happily boast about my weaknesses, so that the Messiah's power may rest on me."

For those of you that know me, you might know that I can be pretty hard on people, and sometimes negative. This is something God is showing me that I need to change... maybe this is where the Grace thing goes in? The verse about gives me great comfort that through Gods power and His grace I can change and be a more graceful Christian. 

No comments: