Friday, February 11, 2011

Really? Seriously!? But Im not ready!!

Apparently, Eli has potty trained himself. No kidding around!! This week he has pooped in his diaper only twice! The first time we were at a friends house playing, and the second time was when we had friends over playing! Pretty both times he didnt want to tell me he had to go because we were playing with friends. I seriously cant get over it though! I didnt think he was ready but apparently thatrs not the case... maybe its me thats not ready!! But Im enjoying it thats for sure!

He'll tell me when he has to poo, and off we go to his potty. Sometimes he'll tell me he has to poo but really he has to pee. Thats happened a few times today. I just cant get over it! I had someone ask me when we started potty training and the thing is we havent!! We let him see us go to the bathroom, we're not shy about it. We tell him what we're doing, and when he used to poop in his cloth diaper we'd take him into the bathroom to put the poop into the toilet. I know alot of poop and pee talk, but I cant believe he's potty training himself! He is so proud, and loves the praise we give him. I hope it sticks after we get back from Mexico because it is so nice not to have to wash as many diapers, and let me tell you clean up is so much easier!! I never thought that at 20 months Eli would be poop trained, and on his way to being pee trained too!! What?!

So today Katherines DTS ended and they are on their way home! Mom and Dad left to go pick her up yesterday and they should be home sometime this weekend! I cant wait, but am also nervous. She has seen alot while she was in Brazil and Im sure she has alot of strong feelings about coming back too! Regardless, when Eli looked at a picture of me, Kristin, and Katherine tonight and yelled "AUNTEEEEEE" it warmed my heart! I cant wait for him to see her!!

No comments: