Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Feeling so Blessed!!

Well we've had a great day!

I was super stressed yesterday after talking to a few friends about going to the passport office. I heard that the wait was on average anywhere from 2-4 hours, and there is no way my almost 2 year old was going to sit and wait. Not only would I be stressed but he would be stressed as well by the end of it. I talked to my awesome girlfriend and she said it wouldnt be an issue for me to drop him off at her place. Great! Life saver!!

So last night after my art class my dad said he would go stand in line early for me. But then this morning at 6am my phone rang. He suggested that he come here, I could go to the passport office for 7:30am, and get it done!! Brilliant! So thats what we did. Off I went to the passport office for 7:30a.m, he hung out at my house waiting for Eli to wake up. On my way there I prayed that it would go smoothly, there wouldnt be any issues with the forms, or documents needed, and it would be easy. Boy, was it ever an answer to prayer! Right from my dad coming over this morning, to how quickly things went there. I was in line at 7:30 with 19 people in front of me. But things with quickly, all of our documents were correct and there wasnt one little hiccup! I was out of the passport office and home before 9am!! And Eli's passport will be ready for pick up 5 days before we leave for Mexico! Thank you Lord!! And that you to my great friend, Alex who was willing to watch Eli last minute, and to my Dad who got up bright and early to come over for me!

I came home and Eli was so happy. He was showing my dad his "karate"! Nothing better than walking into the house and hearing your little guy giggling and laughing till his hearts content! What a blessing! Once my dad left I tidied up the house, did the recylcing, packed up the bottles for the bottle depot, and cleaned the kitchen. We took the bottles in, washed the car and went to visit a girlfriend.

Once we got home after our little outing, Eli came to me and told me "poo poo" so I took him over to his potty, took his diaper off, and he sat down. I left him to do his thing, and he came to me and said "poo poo" so I went and checked his potty and sure enough!!! I was letting him walk around naked, and he continued to sit down and poop 3 more times!! I couldnt believe it. And, he even peed in the potty too!! Im just blown away and so proud! Im wondering if maybe I should run with it if he's willing to attempt to start using the potty. Im not even enforcing it or pushing it, he's doing it all on his own!! Any tips from anyone about potty training, or advice??

Oh also, I had a girlfriend ask if we've gotten Eli's shots for Mexico. Yes we have, we went a month ago and got them done, however we dont need both Hep A & B, just Hep A. So thats what we got done and we're all set to go!! Less than 3 weeks, and I have a feeling its going to come up very fast!!

No comments: