Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thank you Katherine!!!

Im feeling tired today. So far this week its been busy and we're only half way through.

To be honest... I dont even remember what we did on Monday. Guess it was that kind of day.

Tuesday, I definitly remember. Katherine (my younger sista!) came over and my mom also came over for a visit. Eli was down right crabby, so Kath and I decided to get out for a drive after my mom left. It was very obvious that Eli was very tired so I thought we'd just drive for a bit (since we have heated seats... why not!!?) to see if he'd fall asleep. At one point he started crying (like crying as in his feelings were hurt...) and reaching for me saying "Mommy, mommy..." he stopped crying and it looked like he was going to fall asleep. Then a few minutes later he did it again, started crying and reaching towards me... then all of a sudden he just started throwing up. I quickly pulled over, pulled his puke covered jacket off, pulled my jacket off and pulled him out. I had a blanket in the bank of the car so I wrapped him in it, and he just flopped into my arms. Remember that feeling of throwing up, how much it physically takes out of you? Well it was clear it took alot out of him. He just wimpered in my arms. Poor guy. Once he had stopped crying, we headed for home, in our smelly throw up vehicle.

Im so lucky Katherine was with me. She ran out, got some ginger ale, crackers, and apple sauce while I put Eli in the bath. Once she got back, she sat in the bathroom with Eli and I headed out to the car to clean up the throw up. I needed to pull apart his carseat because it was dirty anyways, so the throw up just topped it off. Nothing like trying to pull apart a car seat covered in... well you get it. I was able to get the vehicle cleaned up, and did all the laundry I needed to do too. But boy let me say again Im so blessed by that sister of mine, and how willing she was to help me out. And Eli sure loves his auntie too... both of them! He talks about them all the time. When Eli woke up from his nap yesterday (after Katherine had left) the first thing he asked for was his Auntie. And then this morning he mentioned Kristin too... they're so good to him!

This morning we went to bible study at church, and then came home to have lunch and tidy up. Im feeling a little under the weather so Andy took Eli out for a bit. Im so thankful to have such an incredible husband.

I know we really havent done too much this week so far, but Im feeling tired already!

Last weekend I was super busy, but it was good busy. Spent some time with some girls from the moms group Im involved in. Breakfast in the morning, pedicures and shopping in the afternoon. Then hot tub, supper and drinks in the evening! A great weekend all in all!

Okay theres your quick update of my weekend/week so far!
How are you guys all doing?

2 comments:

Jeremy, Lacy, Bethany and Cody said...

Oh, Karla. I feel for you! Cody threw up for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was in the car also! It was grape juice and cheese snacks. Talk about nasty! Hope you get to feeling better!

Katherine said...

I didn't mind one bit!! I was just so glad I could be there to help!! Love you!