Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hello Hormones

Im feeling emotional today. My husband will thank my hormones. Funny how "that time of the month" has such an affect on us as woman. Sometimes I think guys have it so easy.

We went to bible study this morning, and afterwards we went to a girlfriends for lunch. Eli was quite tired and I think over stimulated. He was down right miserable and throwing tantrums left right and center; not to mention at one point he hurt himself and he just wanted to cuddle with me. So once he had another full out tantrum I decided enough was enough and we were going home, even though we'd only been there for less than an hour.

When I pulled up to the house I decided that we should go for a walk. Ive been wanting to get out and jog lately, but the lazy side of me has taken over. Today not so much! I did the full circle around our house and it was great! Even though it was windy and cool today I got out, and knew Id feel better once we got home. Well, I did to some extent, but I didnt eat before I went out and that was a mistake. Eli was still miserable by the time we got back and so I put him straight to bed, and made myself some lunch. Now Im just relaxing.

But what Id love to hear is how you as a woman handle your emotions and hormones when it comes to that special time of month we all love?? Do you get out and exercise, eat your heart out, take a class, etc? Id love to hear it, cause right about now Im feeling like I need some way to blow off my emotions!!

Fill me in!!

1 comment:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

I repeat to myself, "I am more than my emotions. Emotions cannot control me. My feelings will lie to me and they can't be trusted." And I remind my hubby that my hormones are raging and I need him to be extra sensetive. And I insist that the little people nap.