Monday, May 30, 2011

Another weekend come and gone

We have had a busy weekend!! As always, what else is new right?

Saturday morning we had a birthday party to go to, and then I had to quickly rush out to clean a clients house. All in all it was a long day, and I was ready to relax and just have a quiet night. My sister and brother in law came over in the evening to watch a movie and hang out with me. Andy went out with some friends.

Come Sunday morning Eli was coughing up a storm, and was just miserable. Seems like this cough comes around every 6 weeks or so, and usually on a weekend! We have one really bad, hard day and then he's good to go. Well, yesterday was that day! He woke up earlier than usual. 7:30am, and was miserable from the moment he woke up! Perfect for me because I was getting ready and prepping for his birthday party which I had today with all of our friends from our moms groups, and a few friends from church. Lots to do, and with a miserable kid it makes it a bit tough! But luckily for me I have such an incredible husband who was willing to help where ever I needed him to! Ive come to the conclusion that the moodiness is because of his teeth. His 2 year old molars are coming up! He wouldnt eat much, clear runny nose and cough! Poor kid!

When nap time came, I was relieved however he couldnt stop coughing during the day so laying down in bed... good luck! I held him (yes like a 2 month old!!) and he fell asleep in my arms. I sat in the rocking chair holding him like a little baby. He was asleep thats all that mattered! I felt so blessed by the cuddle time that I got with him too! I dont remember the last time he relaxed in my arms enough to fall asleep!! Finally, when he woke up quite angry, Andy came in and put him to bed. He cried for a few minutes and then slept for 3 hours! He needed it!

Along with the cuddle time that I got yesterday, Eli also did something else that melted my heart. He was laying on his change table as we were putting his jammies on, and he says "feet!! Feet!!" and put them pretty much in my face. "Feet! Rub feet, please!!" so I rubbed his feet for a second time and then proceeded to pretend that his foot was a phone, and talked into it. He thought it was the funniest thing ever, so when I finished talking I looked at him and said "Its for you." He then tried to put his foot to his ear and once he realized it may not happen he said "ow... hello???" Andy and I burst out laughing!!

I knew he'd be feeling better this morning and sure enough when he woke up at almost 9am, he was happy and ready to go! We had a whole bunch of our close friends and their kids come over and celebrate Eli's birthday with us! Andy and I decided to have 2 parties for him this year since I have alot of close friends Id like celebrate and have over, and also alot of family. To have one big party might be a bit much! So we had our friends party today, and our family party next weekend!

Eli had so much fun, and he is at the age now where he can go play by himself and be alright, and I dont have to worry too much!! This age is so much fun!

Im so thankful for all our close friends who came out this morning!! Thank you for blessing us and turning my house upside down... it was all worth it!!

No comments: