Monday, May 16, 2011

Little Boys

Im not going to lie, its been a bit of a stressful weekend. But Im alive!!

I worked on Saturday morning cleaning a clients house, and then went out in the evening with some friends! Its always nice to get out and have some quiet time. But because Andy is home on the weekends I feel like I dont spend as much time when its all said and done with them as Id like to! Maybe my priorities are off whack, but I got home and Eli was napping, I ate, showered, then Andy and I took a nap, got up, got dressed, played with Eli for a bit, then made supper and a dessert for my get together that I was going to after my dinner date, and off I went.

As I was getting supper and my dessert ready my phone rang. It was my really good friends husband. The 2 of them are away in Jamaica. "Umm, are things okay!? Whats going on?" He said, "Well things arent really okay... theres a few issues that are going back on at home." Without going into specific details my girlfriends mom was having some health issues and wasnt feeling up to looking after 2 boys. They asked if Id be able to watch the boys from Sunday-Wednesday. I didnt feel like it was something I could handle and still treat all 3 boys (including my little one) with love and patience at the end of the 4 days. It was hard but I had to decline.

So our friends spoke to the travel agent to see if they could arrange a way home. The first do able flight wasnt until Tuesday and theyre home Wednesday. No point in coming home early. When I called my girlfriends mom on Sunday morning she said they had figure things out and would be okay, and thanked me for checking in. Great!!!

Our phone rang Sunday afternoon, and things had gone down hill. They asked if I could take one of the boys. I opted for the younger one Baby A, since I dont think I could handle a 3 yr old and a 2 yr old together ALL day!! So this morning they dropped the little guy off, and for the next few days Im a momma of two little boys. Two very busy boys!

But Im thankful because tomorrow Im off to my girlfriends place to visit and then he'll be picked up Wednesday around noon.So for the most part, we'll be pretty  busy with them! Baby A, also has no problem sitting back and watching whats going on weather its in the stroller or high chair. The only thing Im nervous about is bed time and what time he wakes up in the morning. Im not going to lie, I really enjoy the fact that Eli sleeps till 8:00-8:30ish on most days, and Im not used to getting up much before 7am. But if need be Ill do it. It may be a coffee day, but we'll do it and make it work!!

Plus, when I put the little guy down for his nap this afternoon, there was something very special about rocking him to sleep. I miss that feeling of having a sleeping baby in my arms.  The only thing is that when Eli sees Baby A have a bottle he says "Baby bottle???" He wants one! He wants to crawl up into my arms, lay back and suck on a 'baby bottle' just like Baby A! I kind of have to laugh!

So needless to say our weeks had a bit of a change to it, but its a long weekend so Ill have lots of time to relax!! And if you think of me Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday please pray for me... I need all the patience I can get.

Into the week we go, you may or may not hear from me before Wednesday!!

No comments: