Thursday, September 8, 2011

Feeling Defeated

Of course as soon as I post on how well Eli is doing with his potty training, the next day feels like defeat! Yesterday when we were at the park, he pooped, all over himself. I cleaned him up and chucked his underwear because there was no point in trying to salvage it. Today, we were at a friends place and the boys were playing outside. He peed his pants, and I suppose proceeded to poop as well. Ugh. Yuck, it was horrible, I wont go into details, however lets just say I need to figure out how to clean his shoes up it was so bad. The positive side? We were at a friends place, so I threw him in the bath tub and cleaned him up.

He is making progress however. When we were at our moms groups this morning, he told the ladies who were looking after him that he had to pee. They went, he peed, and all was good! I know the hard days are going to be the ones that I might remember more than the positive, easy ones, but still dealing with 2 days in a row of poop, poop, and more poop is really uhhhh . . . crappy.

As most of you know (and I think some of you may have even gone looking for my blog because Ive gone missing) I'am no longer on facebook. At first this was a really really hard choice. As I said before I spend so much time on facebook, and waste a lot of time as well! The first week, I felt like I was going through with drawl or something. I'd sit down at the computer and go to type something in, and facebook.com just rolls off my fingers so nicely! But then... wait, Im not on facebook anymore! Its been a very freeing feeling actually. Hard to get used to, but quite freeing. I dont feel obligated to update my status, or send out an email, or go creeping on so and so's page. But its also tough because there are some people on there that the only way I know how to get in contact with them is through facebook. If we want to get together, I send a message, or write on their wall, not through email, phone, or text, but facebook. Or what about birthday parties and events? Facebook is a great way to connect and find out about whats going on around in your community or in your group of friends or circle of people. Its been hard, but as I mentioned before I've been spending waaaay more time with God. When I feel like I'm having a craving for facebook (yup, I said it, a craving!!) I go and pray and read my bible, and honestly the feeling I get from meeting with the Lord is waaay better than any feeling facebook can give me. My headspace is in a better place, I feel healthier, I have more patience (depending on the day!!) with Eli, and I just feel all together better! It was a tough decision but a good one to make! And for those of you who are reading from facebook, Id love to have your email address so we can connect again!!

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Potty training has it's up and downs. For the shoes- I would spray wash them outside with a hose and then throw them in the wash with a tennish ball or two to balance it out. You'll be amazed how it works. I've had to do it a few times in the past. Good luck
Stephanie Jantzen