Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Potty Training ... himself.

This past week has been a little busy. Since I returned from Vegas Eli has been taking quite the interest in the big boy potty! I guess while I was away, Andy had him in big boy under wear while they were at home, and he would go to the potty! Its stuck! So my life has been pretty busy toting a potty out where ever we go, potty before we leave the house, where ever we arrive, before we leave, at the park etc. He has done really well, and generally will tell us when he has to go!

I decided that life has to go on, and since he have things to do and programs starting up this week he would be wearing his underwear out. So I bring a change of clothes where ever we go, as well as the potty for those times where he has to go and we dont have time to run into somewhere, and hope for the best! We've only had a few accidents, and they were at the park when he was too busy to stop and tell me he had to go! Unfortunately for me, these accidents were not just pee. I ended up chucking a pair of underwear because it wasn't worth bringing them home to try and save them! Gross, right?  But we had a program we are doing with other 2 year olds, and its a 45 minute class, he went the whole class without having an accident, and had alot of fun!

I am so proud of him, considering the fact that we never really potty trained him. We really didnt! He'd see us go, and let us know when he has to go. Its always been that way! Im sure our next child will be the exact opposite, and the hardest kid to potty train, but for the time being I am so incredibly proud. Not bad for a little boy who was poop trained by 1.5 years old, and pretty much pee trained by 26 months!

Go Eli, Go!!

2 comments:

Val said...

Hey Karla,

What potty do you take with you to the park etc.?

Val

Karla Hope: said...

Hey Val, We just take our little potty that we bought from Wal mart to the park, and I pretty much take it where ever we go. Ikea has cheap ones for a couple of bucks and Im gonna stop in there and grab one so I dont have to bring one from the house to the car all the time. That way we always have one in the car and always have one in the house, it'll make my life much easier!!