Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Running Room Clinic - Week 1

Last night was the first night of my Learn To Run Clinic at the Running Room. It was great! I can honestly say I really enjoyed it... this week at least! It was not intimidating, and I didnt feel like I was being pushed too hard at first! There is a short lesson on a different topic each week and then we go out to run! We run regardless of the weather... rain or shine, or in our case... snow. -30 degrees or +30 degrees! Last night we ran for 1 minute walked for 2, and I honestly felt like it was super easy! I could've probably done 1 and 1, but thats for next week!

The thing I like about the running room is that I can go during the week and run with other runners at my learning pace! That way I can get my runs in and meet other people! So I can say Im already looking forward to next week!

When I was just about to leave the gym I ended up running into one of my childhood best friends! We met when I was in grade 6 and she was in grade 7! We havent seen each other in ages, and it was so good to see her! Its like sitting down with a friend that you saw just yesterday, but really havent seen in years or months! We ended up grabbing a coffee and chatting oh and laughing a lot! I really have been blessed by having a few super close best friends... and its not just for a year or a month, these girls I have known for 5 + years and I love that!! Even though Faith and I grew apart we can sit down and grab a coffee and chat like it was yesterday! And that is the same with my other bestest friend Chelsey too!! We've been best friends for almost 10 years! We met on the yellow school bus, and have become best friends!  I love how well we know each other, and arent afraid to be honest or real with one another. I could tell her anything and vice versa and it wouldn't change a thing! Although we dont get to see each other as much as I'd like right now, I know that nothing could change our friendship and the fact that she's my best friend! What a blessing!

Anyways, to end todays post here is a picture of our dear little boy eating supper last night!!

No comments: