Friday, October 28, 2011

17 Day Diet, working out, and a long week

Im so glad its Friday. It feels like its been a long week.

Eli's been waking up earlier and earlier, and Ive been feeling exhausted. Luckily, he is willing to go downstairs and play with some of his toys for a time period before I drag myself out of bed! These days Eli has really been practicing his independence and also his strong will. Some days are easy and some days are hard! But Im having fun! He blows me away with how well his speech is. He can carry on a conversation with a perfect stranger, and has incredible manners! This week he has been singing his abc's so clearly and pretty much perfect. I feel so proud of him. Today on the drive home he said to me, "My arms hurts, go to doctor? Take me to doctor, mommy?" I was blown away! 1) because he put it together that his arm hurt and could verbalize that and 2) because he knew that when something hurts you go to the dr. Obviously, I didnt take him to the doctor though!

This week I've worked out 4 times. It feels great! I've even been considering going back onto the 17 Day Diet. It gets results, but it sure takes discipline! Its the sugar that is so freaking hard to kick, but if it means the extra weight will come off maybe it'll be worth it! Plus, I know it works too because Ive done it before!!

Yesterday, I tried jazercise with my mother in law, and it was a lot of fun! The instructor asked me after if I was an instructor at other location... apparently my jazercise skills are impressive for a first timer! I had to chuckle! It was fun though, and a good work out! A lot like Zumba! Then this morning I was supposed to meet another mom at the local gym here, drop our kiddies off in their child care and go for a run. Im not sure if we missed each other but I ended up going on my run by myself! But it was good motivation! On Monday at the running room, our runs were run 1 minute, walk 2 minutes. Because I felt that was quite easy I did run 1 and walk run. It was manageable. And I felt really good after! Its perfect that the gym has childcare, because I can drop Eli off (and he more than willingly goes!!) and then I have an hour to go to my thing! Childcare was also very cheap. $5.50 for an hour. Cant complain about that!

So Monday is the next clinic date, and Im already looking forward to it!

No comments: