Friday, November 25, 2011

Huge Pet Peeve

These days I have something that really bugs me! I didn't think a simple question would ever both me so much! Its also a question that I've asked before to other people.

This question is something I get asked on a regular basis, maybe a few times a week maybe. Can you guess what it is?

Recently a conversation I had with someone went something like this, "So, do you think the next one you'll have will be a girl?" I reply, "Mmmm, I dont know. Probably not, most of the Hopes, are boys, so I even wonder if they make girls." Then I was asked, "Would you want a girl though?" "Sure I'd want a girl, but as long as I have a healthy baby Im not going to complain if its a boy or a girl." Then here it is, "Oh, so are you saying your pregnant?" I then reply, "Uh no, not that Im aware of at least. Unless theres something I dont know."

Then there was this conversation, "So are you guys going to try and have another one soon?" I then reply, "Yah, I think so, we'll see what happens." "Oh yah? Cause Eli's what 2.5 now, hey? By the time another baby comes around he'll be past 3, thats a pretty big age gap." I would like to reply, "Well actually, I dont think its any of your business if we're trying to get pregnant... maybe we're having issues getting pregnant, or maybe we would like to have a big age gap in between our kids. Im young, not even 25!!!" But what I usually say is, "Yah, well we'll see what happens, I dont want to become stressed about it, and when it happens, it happens."

I just hate the pressure there is from everyone around to plan our our entire life. When we'll get married, when we'll have our first baby, then when we'll have our second baby, "are you going to have more kids??", blah, blah, blah...

I no longer ask people (unless their family, or very close friends!!) when they're going to have another child. 1) I dont think its my business and 2) what happens if you ask, and that couple is having issues getting pregnant? The added stress and frustrations (as well as questions as to "Why the heck cant we get pregnant??) are the last things that someone else needs. Maybe Im over thinking it all, but I can tell you I get so tired of this question, so I must not be the only one.

The other thing I'd really like to say to people when they ask so casually, "So are you pregnant, yet?" Is, "How about, when Im pregnant Ill tell you, until then could you please stop asking??" Is that totally rude?

Am I the only one who feels this way?

So with that being said, for the many of you out there (unless your my family!!) I will let you know when Im pregnant and ready to tell the whole world.

No comments: