Thursday, November 10, 2011

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

I take my time quite seriously. When I have appointments it's very rare that I'm late. Even just a minute or two past my appointment time stresses me out completely!

Today I had a few appointments. I had a coffee date at 10am, at Mcdonalds, then a Dr's appointment at 12:20pm, and then an orthodontist appointment to get a wire trimmed (takes all of 30 seconds) at 1pm.

I've learned very quickly that although I can call a day before I need to get in to see my Doctor, to never arrive early. If anything I should arrive 20 minutes late and I'd probably still have to wait 5 minutes before I see her. Today I walked into the office at 12:22, completely stressed because I was 2 minutes late. We went into the office, and then waited, and waited and waited some more... we waited in total 25 minutes! I was actually getting ready to gather my stuff up and leave because my next appointment was in less than 10 minutes. She walked in, we chatted for 5 minutes, and then I rushed out.

We arrived at the ortho office at 2 minutes after 1:00pm. Eli played with a few toys, looked out the window, looked through a Sears catalog magazine, and then started to loose him stuff. He was getting loud, running around, basically being a boy... but when he gets like this I loose control of him. I went to the front desk and asked what time it was. I left my purse and everything in the car because I thought we'd be in and out like that. It was 25 minutes to 2pm. So, 35 minutes past out appointment time, for something that took 30 seconds. The more frustrating part is that one of the ladies that works there came up looked through the files (when mine was next) and then picked the one behind it and said "Im going to leave this one for Tracy." Then we waited another 15 minutes.

I suppose the most frustrating part for me is that I take my commitments and time very serious. But in total today I waited for an hour in waiting rooms. It was more stressful of a day than anything. I got my appointments done and thats whats important.

Is it only me that feels this way, though? Plus with a 2.5 year old waiting with you, it is hard to keep a little boy happy with minimal toys, and lots of time!

No comments: