Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Horrible experience - Steer clear of this Company

This week has felt busy, and its only Tuesday. With Christmas fast approaching there's lots to do!

Yesterday my sister and I went shopping, and luckily I was able to get a few things done. As we were driving down the high way though we had a bit of an upsetting experience. We were driving behind a big truck that almost looked like a garbage truck. Ya know, the ones with the open tops? Because our exit was coming up soon, I kept my distance behind the truck and continued driving. A large piece of garbage (what looked like drywall to me) came flying out of the truck, and right onto the hood of my car and my windshield. First of all, the sound of it hitting my vehicle was enough to scare us, but the large piece of garbage flying out of the truck into my vehicle at 100 km/hr could've been quite dangerous.

One of my biggest frustrations is when I see trucks driving down the highway that have open tops and garbage flying out of them... let alone when they hit my brand new vehicle! We decided to get the phone number of the truck to call and let them know garbage was flying out and hit my car. If there was damage could I send the bill to them? I passed the truck, got the info, and continued on our way. Next thing I know, this big truck is tailing the back of my car. He moved over to the other lane so he could pass, looked directly at my sister and shook his head! When we called the company I told the receptionist that the driver was extremely aggressive, and was driving dangerous. She was very helpful, and told me she'd pass it onto the owner.

When we got out of the car I didnt notice any damage at first, and mentioned to my sister that Id ask Andy to take a closer look. Well he did today, and noticed there is a chip in our windshield right where this piece of garbage came flying out. Okay, I know what your thinking, its just a chip. Chip's happen, its a windshield. Your right... but what happened next is what bothers me more.

I called the company, and spoke to the receptionist. I explained who I was and said there was a chip in our windshield, she said she was going to pass me onto the owner. She did, and this is how our conversation went.

Owner: Hello?
Me: Hi, how are you?
Owner: Good.
Me: Thats good. So yesterday, as I was driving, I was behind one of your trucks on the highway, and had a large piece of garbage come flying out and hit my vehicle. There's a chip in my windshield that wasn't there before. So when I get it fixed, Im wondering if I can send you the bill?
Owner: No.
Me: No? There was a huge piece of garbage that came flying into my vehicle from your truck! If I hadn't been driving behind it, I wouldn't have that chip.
Owner: I spoke to the driver, the truck was empty, they just came back from the dump. There's no way anything came flying out of that truck.
Me: Well I had someone else in the car with me, who can assure you a large piece of garbage came up out of your truck, and onto my vehicle. It might have been empty, but obviously it wasn't empty enough, because now I have a chip in my windshield.
Owner: That truck was empty, there is no way anything came flying out of it. Something may have kicked up off the highway but it didnt come out of the truck.
Me:So I just spent $30 000 on a brand new vehicle, its my fault that a piece of garbage came out of your truck and hit it?
Owner: Chips happen all the time, I have windshields that I need to get fixed, chips happen. Nothing came out of my truck.
Me: So your calling me a liar?
Owner: Im not calling you anything, lady but dont call me back.

And then he hung up on me. Im sure there were more words exchanged in there, but you get the jist of it.

I think what upsets me more than the stinkin' chip on my windshield is the way I was treated. You would think that an owner of a company would think that anyone you come into contact with is a potential customer. Word of mouth can go along way. He was rude, disrespectful, and not in any way apologetic that his driver was aggressive, and denied that fact that something could've possibly come flying out of his truck. The day before his receptionist told me it shouldn't be a problem to cover any damage, and was quite nice. Also, if the owner is willing to treat a complete stranger that way, how is he treating his employees?

I looked up the company and here is what it says online about them:

 "A Ingram Services provides asphalt paving and repair. We’re experienced in commercial projects, including parking lots. We’re also well equipped to handle major commercial snow removal jobs. Whether your paving needs are to do with building, maintenance, or demolition, A Ingram Services is up to the task. We serve Edmonton and all surrounding areas."


So, while I dont have intentions of calling him back, I do want to warn people to watch out for their trucks, and if thats how the owner is willing to treat someone who calls and has a complaint about a driver or truck, how is he willing to treat his customers or potential customers?

A tad passive aggressive, yes, probably a bit, or maybe alot. However, there is nothing that upsets me more than when Im disrespected, and when someone puts myself and my family in danger. And by a large piece of garbage flying out of his truck and directly onto my vehicle at 100 km/hr, thats exactly what happened, we were put in danger, and there is a small amount of damage to my vehicle.

The only positive experience about dealing with A Ingram Services LTD was their receptionist, who was very polite to me, even though I had a complaint. She listened, apologized, asked for a bit more information, and said to call back of there was any damage. That's the way a company should handle complaints or issues, with respect. The owner should maybe take a lesson from his receptionist. 



No comments: