Friday, January 13, 2012

Did you guess this?

I was a tad disappointed, at the lack of comments I had. Thanks Aunty Paula for commenting, (Im pretty sure you already knew didn't you?? ;-) But, I wondered after I posted my post how many people would comment since I did my rant post on people asking about being pregnant. So with that being said... if you read my post, (and didn't comment!!) but wondered if we're counting down the days till my due date.

You are correct. I'am pregnant.

I found out on November 11th, and although we've been trying I was still quite shocked. The very very very faint line on a pregnancy test (or wait multiple tests!!) did finally confirm it for me. And again although we had been trying there are definitely mixed feelings about it all. Feelings of being excited, scared, sad and happy all in one.

I am 13 weeks now, and finally starting to feeling like myself again. The first trimester always brings extreme tiredness, and a very upset stomach. No throwing up, but always an upset stomach. I think I lost more weight in my first trimester because I didn't want to eat, and had no appetite than I have in awhile. There are still days that I feel quite tired (like today, Im exhausted!!) but at least I can eat!

We're also taking a different approach to this pregnancy, as well as labor & delivery. I was able to find a midwife to take me on. The next question I get after I tell people that we have a midwife is, "Will you have a home birth?" No, we probably wont. No decision is final at this point, however because of how complicated and scary our labor & delivery went with Eli, a hospital birth (at the lois hole) seems like it might be the best fit. So it will be all natural, no pain medication. Ive started reading some information about different types of pain coping mechanisms, one like hypnobirthing. Now before you jump all over me because it was the word hypno in it, let me clarify your not actually hypnotized, its all about focusing on your breathing, and going to a place where you can relax, and cope with the pain. Im also hoping this time around to hire a doula, and possibly have a water birth. We'll see...

Mid February is when I have my ultrasound booked for 19 weeks, and we hope to find out what the baby is. I feel like a girl, however Im expecting a boy. Either way, I dont care if its a boy or a girl, Ill be happy to have a healthy baby! Eli is convinced when you ask him "Is mommy having a girl or a boy baby?" He said, "Grill baby." as in girl baby. But he is consistent and says the same thing each time.

I also had my first appointment with my midwife last week, but Im going to save that for another post.

3 comments:

Joelle said...

Congrats, Karla (and Andy and Eli)! Praying that your pregnancy will go well! What midwife are you going with?

Anonymous said...

congrats!! =)

Meghann Tanner said...

Congratulations Karla!!