Saturday, February 25, 2012

Jobs around the house & a sleepy toddler

There has been a snowfall warning this weekend, so Eli & I have been staying warm at home, apart from going and getting groceries.

Yesterday, I decided we'd spend the day out and about and Eli would not have a nap.We hung out at my sisters place for awhile and then went out to my parents. Eli & my dad played outside for close to 2 hours, and I thought he might fall asleep on the drive home. Well he certainly did. Within 15 minutes of being in the car he was out. Generally, he wakes up once we go to pull him out of the car, but not this time. Andy was home already and came out to get him. When he pulled him out of the car, he didn't wake up. Nor did he wake when Andy sat down on the couch holding him like a baby. I decided to run out to home depot (more on that later!!) to return some stuff and pick up a few things. When I came home, Eli was still asleep, but laying on the couch. Andy said he tried to wake him but he wouldn't wake up. Apparently, all that outside play really tuckered him out.







Since we have to get a bunch of stuff done around the house, we decided to tackle one of the jobs. More Andy than me, but I did help somewhat! New lino in the bathroom & back entrance. When we (actually Andy!!) replaced the back door we (actually Andy!!) found that the floor was all rotted out. Great. So we (Andy!) had to fix it and now we are putting the new lino down.

Here are a few pictures of our job. Ill post the finished product when we are officially done!

 Bathroom with the old lino ripped up.
This stuff sure is sticky!
 This is the old lino in the back entrance, before I pulled it all up!!
There is the new lino in the bathroom and the old in the back entrance

More pictures to come soon!!

No comments: