Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ladies Retreat

Today I registered for the Ladies Retreat at our Church. Honestly, I've been putting it off like crazy. But its one of those things I think is important and it keeps coming up and I keep having people ask me if Im going. And I keep saying, "Mmmm, I dont know, our life is so crazy right now." And in all honesty, things are crazy around here. We're moving in just a few weeks, we have tenants moving into our place the same weekend that the ladies retreat is. I also have a ton of cleaning to do, (2 homes not just 1 now!) before we move in and before our tenants move in. But isn't there always an excuse as to why we shouldn't do something? Why we shouldn't take an evening off to get out with girlfriends, why we shouldnt take a weekend away with our spouse, not enough money, etc, etc. Andy told me I need to go away on this weekend a few weeks ago and I put off registering for weeks now.

Well this morning I registered. Someone asked me if I was going, and I said "Well I probably shouldn't because we have waay to much going on right now." And I feel very serious about that. But why is it that I dont think Andy can handle doing a walk through with our tenants, and taking car of Eli for a weekend so I can get away, find myself, and find God once again?? He is more than capable.

Im registered now, and kind of freaking out about it. I have way to much going on to go away. Excuses, excuses. So, Im going. Im going to the ladies retreat. Im going to be completely out of my comfort zone, I dont know too many ladies, and I have too much going on in my life, but I may not have this opportunity for awhile if I dont take it now.

So if your a mom, and your thinking you need a break, and your using every excuse in the book, I think you should consider taking that trip, or getting away with your husband, or going on that ladies retreat, you need to take the chance. Dont worry about whats going to happen at home if your not there, or the money, take the time!! Do it!

2 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

That's awesome, Karla! I'll see you there. :)

P.S. I'm way too busy, too. I think that's the reason I need it so badly.

Kelly Stoski said...

Ww get possession of our new place March 30, so I feel your doubts! But it will be great!