Saturday, March 3, 2012

Daddy really loves you

On Wednesday night we have bible study with our small group. This week we had issues getting a babysitter, so small group was at our place. Usually Eli goes down pretty easy, but because he napped that afternoon he was up late and ready to party!! I didnt have intentions of him napping but I wanted him to have some quiet time. I put him in his room with a few cars, and did the whole nap time routine. I've figured out that if I go through the routine, he generally will play in his room for an hour or so then emerge and try to get up. But if I just put him in his room with no routine and tell him its quiet time, he tries to come out within moments of me closing the door, "Can I come out now!?" So I went through the motions of nap time, and sure enough he was out of bed within moments of me leaving. His light was on and he was playing cars. Perfect, thats exactly what I wanted. But within 20 minutes or so he was in bed, lights off, and asleep. Nuts. Not what I wanted!! I let him sleep for an hour, then opened the door to his room to let him wake up on his own as I went downstairs and got supper ready. I turned my music up quite loud and still nothing. So I decided to vacuum, still nothing. He was out like a light, finally I had to go up and wake him.


But because he napped he didnt want to go to bed early. Finally around 9:30pm, after 2 hours of our small group being there, Andy went up and tucked him in for one last time. This was after I went up a few times and he was butt naked with 3 pairs of socks on his feet. When Andy went up he was wearing a knit sweater my great aunt made and was very clear about leaving it on. Andy tucked him in, and said "Eli, Daddy really loves you." and Eli replied, "And I really love mommy." Then rolled over.

Kids are so funny!

No comments: