Thursday, February 9, 2012

Magnetic Make up Board


And here is the finished product!

Here is how I did it!!

I bought this frame from the Dollar Store. It was $2. I originally didnt mind the color but decided to spray paint it.

Home Depot had pieces of metal for cheap, but luckily for me, Andy called when I was shopping for this piece of metal and told me he had some at home... including some cutters to cut it to size! So he did cut it to size for me, but if you have to do it yourself head to home depot, cut some cutters to cut metal and cut it to size. I also got some spray adhesive from home depot. Then off to fabric land, got some cheap fabric for $3. Once I was ready to assemble the fabric to the metal, I sprayed the back side of the metal flipped it over, and stood on top of it. Then I cut around the edges. I didnt trim the fabric too short, but just short enough that it would fit into the frame but not be too bulky. Then I popped it into the frame.

Gluing the magnets to my make up was a little bit time consuming but not too bad. I bought some round magnets (which werent very strong!!) from wal mart, and a glue gun. At first I just glued one magnet to the back of each make up piece, but it wasn't strong enough, so I doubled or even tripled on some of them. This made it stronger.

If I was to do it again, I would get a larger frame, and pick a different fabric. I think the fabric looks like its an army print once my make up is on it. The larger frame would be nice as well so it doesn't look so full/congested. I think this would make great gifts!! If you have any questions let me know!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Is there instructions on how to do this? I saw it on a blog the other day and have been dying to try making it myself!!