Thursday, February 9, 2012

DIY time

Eli & I ventured out to run some errands this morning. We've had a crazy busy week with all the house stuff, phone calls, inspections, etc and I've been feeling like my brain is just a tad fried. Last night I went to a course about being a landlord, and it was a very full class with tons of information on being a landlord and having renters. I feel like we're a bit more equipped to have other people live here!

Tonight we have to finish up the inspection & meet with our lawyer and our realtor as well. Sheesh, nothing like really being an adult when you buy a home, or have 2 homes I guess. Being completely honest, Im totally scared but super excited that we're so blessed to be able to do this. Right now however, I feel like I need some sort of distraction in my life. I came across a DIY blog and this lady made a magnetic make up board. I havent been able to stop thinking about it, and decided Im going to attempt it. I went to the Dollar store this am, to pick up a few things (why not start as cheap as possible!!) and then off to home depot and the fabric store! I knew the hardest part would be at the fabric store because its a fun place for a 2.5 year old to run around, and with the height of Eli & the height of all the fabric its like a maze for him and me to find him. I rushed to find some cheap half decent fabric but it'll do the trick! Im going to start it this afternoon and Ill let you know how it goes. Here is the picture of the ladies magnet board that she made, not sure if mine will look as nice but we'll try!! I think its a very neat idea!!


No comments: