Monday, March 19, 2012

Our new Home

Well, its done. We are all moved into our new home. My duplex is clean, and I am NOT living out of boxes. I had someone say to me that the worst thing about moving is living out of boxes. Andy and I are all about getting the job done, and when we moved into the duplex it was the same thing. We were unpacked and settled into our home by the end of the weekend. This move was the same. Andy took Friday and Monday off, which means he's back to work tomorrow... but because he had so much time off we were able to start getting things in on Friday. My dad came over and helped all day on Friday and honestly between the 2 guys (Andy & my Dad) they had almost the whole place moved by Friday afternoon.

Friday evening we went to my parents place for supper & to spend the evening. Because most of the boxes and some furniture had been moved out of the duplex, it didn't feel like home, and neither did the house. So off we went to my parents place. It was a great evening. We then came home and crashed.

Saturday morning we were up by 6:30am, and Andy was busy loading a load of stuff into the van so it'd be ready for our helpful movers when they arrived at 9am. We also decided to rent a Uhaul truck to make our lives a bit easier. Had I known that Andy & my dad would have the almost everything except beds and a few other large items moved by the time our help arrived at 9am, I wouldn't have rented it. However, that being said it was one load in the Uhaul, and our place was empty on Saturday morning at 10:30am. My mother in law took Eli out for the morning. This was incredible helpful so that both Andy and I could get things done. My mother in law also started cleaning the basement, which got the cleaning ball rolling and I had a few great ladies helping me clean. By 12:00pm, my duplex was spotless, and clean!! Such a blessing. Then when we got back to the house, I soon found that the remainder of the boxes had been unpacked and furniture was being put together!! We have some incredible friends who helped us, and got the job done! They were done and gone by 1:30pm, and we were left to our new home!

I have to say the downside of our personalities and needing to have it all done is that we have been pretty exhausted the last few days, but Im happy to say that 72 hours into our new house, and there are only 2 boxes laying around.

Eli has done incredibly well! He loves it here, and when we have gone out over the weekend he asks if we can go back to the new house! He hasn't asked about the duplex, or anything like that. He has slept really well, and took to loving his new Disney Cars room. Ill post some pictures soon of our new little house! Just thought I'd update on how the move went, and how we're all doing!!

No comments: