Monday, April 23, 2012

Finally some sun

We had a really nice relaxing weekend out in our new backyard! What a difference a larger yard makes that we can actually sit out and enjoy! The sun was shining... finally, so we spent most of Saturday outside and most of Sunday too!! We bbq'd every night, and even pulled the pool out for Eli to play in. All of us got a bit of sun, and weren't even complaining about it!

Andy and I kept saying how blessed we are to have a beautiful big house with a huge back yard and a garage! Eli has so much space to run around and play. I could see us having people over often during the summer! Andy's brother even came over with ice cream and brought their new little puppy. Eli loves her so much, and all he wants to do is race with her. However, she's not quite fast enough yet because she's so tiny. Then at supper time a cat came into our yard, and again Eli was ecstatic! He wanted to play with it, and race again! He just melts our hearts, and makes us laugh. Such a funny kid. Andy asked me at one point over the weekend, "Should we get a puppy?" I laughed and said, "Uhh, no. We're having a baby instead." I wish we could, because Eli just loves animals, especially dogs, but to be honest its too much work right now, and we're having a baby instead.

Today I was hoping to get back into the yard with Eli and spend some time outside, but its raining. I wish the sun would stick around for awhile, but as long as the rain doesn't turn into snow, I will be one happy girl! Plus, the rain will be good for the grass to green up!!

This week is busy as Andy and I are off for our weekend away this week, and cant wait! I've been counting down the days since September and now its finally here. Honestly, time goes by so fast!!

No comments: