Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weekend update

Alright, I dropped the ball, sorry! Things have been busy, since I was away all weekend!

The ladies retreat was incredible to say the least!! My dear husband sent me off with a little bag of goodies, a notebook, pen, and a card to say have fun, and I love you! I drove to the camp and had 2 ladies accompany me. I didn't know them before I picked them up, so it was a great opportunity to meet some other ladies right off the bat! The drive there was uneventful for the most part, except for the fact that we were in rush hour traffic on the yellowhead, and there was an accident, of course! But once we got past the accident it was smooth sailing from there!!

I knew some women but not a lot of them. The girls I roomed with were awesome. I knew one of them, but not well. The other girl I got to know really well, and it just so happens her and her husband are off to the same marriage retreat we're heading to at the end of the month! What are the chances of that?

The theme of the weekend was seeking God, and finding balance. Sandy Cooper was the speaker, and she was so very real! Her testimony, and story was incredible & very emotional. She was pregnant with their first child, and at 33 weeks they delivered him because he wasnt doing well. When he was born, he was basically brain dead, and they were told had no chance of survival. The doctors told them to take him off the respirators. After a lot of prayer, and counseling they decided to keep praying, and not to take him off the respirators. On her sons chart, it actually said "Parents are in denial." 6 weeks later they brought their son home, and he had fully recovered, there was no brain damage, and he was a different little baby. This was emotional enough for me being pregnant and all, but then her story changes. At 9 months her son wasnt acting as he normally would. She said it was like a horror movie, he had recovered when he was born, and then all of a sudden was being hooked back up to the machines. Her son died at 9 months. To hear her full story check it out here: http://www.godspeakstoday.net/2008/03/my-story.html

She was an inspiration to hear, and I learned so much! The weekend was relaxing, and the ladies who organized it did an amazing job!! I was able to put my feet in the hot tub, take a nap(or 2!!), have some quiet time, shed a few tears, and talk my hearts content and get to know so many other ladies!!

On Sunday morning we woke up to a ton of snow! Basically, we were snowed in, and weren't going anywhere any time soon!! We did finally get out after waiting around long enough. But man let me tell you, there was so much snow!

Only a few more weekends, till Andy and I head out of town to relax and be together. This week has been busy but quiet. We didnt have a lot going on, but sure have we kept busy!

2 comments:

Kelly S said...

It's so encouraging to hear that you enjoyed the weekend and built new relationships. Makes all the hard work worthwhile. God really did show up, and it was great :)

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Ditto Kelly. And Sandy is super aweseome, isn't she? I luv her. :)

It's also very cool to hear how the roommate situation worked out. We spent a lot of time on things and prayed over that list, but it's reassuring to know that we heard Him correctly.