Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Life Update & 30 Weeks Pregnant

For the most part we've been keeping pretty busy, although a lot of our yearly activities are coming to a close. We have to keep busy in order for both of us to stay sane during the day. Or maybe its just me.

The weather is finally starting to look up, and although its only 20 degree's outside, we'll take it! Yesterday, we ventured off to a big park in Edmonton which is a short drive from our place. They have a great spray park open during the summer, and the park they have is huge. One thing I love about it, is that there is no sand! Its wood chips, and although kids wearing sandal's might complain, as a mom I love this. It means I dont have to worry about Eli throwing sand or having it dumped on his head, or in his socks, or down his pants. We had a picnic yesterday with a friend, her husband and their 2 sons. One is a newborn, and the other is just a bit younger than Eli. The boys played and played for hours, and by 2:30pm it was getting hot out, and it was time to go. However, it was a great way to spend the afternoon! We were able to sit and chat for awhile, have some lunch, and let the boys run free! After, the park we stopped by my sisters place who lives just minutes from the park and visited. Both of my sisters were hanging out, so it was all 3 of us chatting together. So nice to visit. Eli missed his nap yesterday, and spent the majority of the day outside as well. If the weather is warm, why not I figure! I noticed though yesterday that after awhile of playing in the park Eli was coming down with these little red dots on his face. I didn't think anything of it, just assumed it was maybe some little bug bites, and they weren't bothering him.

Come bedtime last night, Eli was exhausted. Lots of fresh air, sun, and no nap does that I suppose. We put him to bed and he was asleep within minutes. We didn't hear a peep from him... until 1:30am, when he came into our room and said he wanted to sleep with us. I'd prefer not to get into that habit so I took him back to his room and told him I'd stay with him until he fell asleep. Well, an hour later he was still awake, and Im convinced not because he wanted to be but because he was so restless. Maybe he was so overtired he just couldn't settle down, but I was honestly up from 1:30am till almost 3am with him. Finally, around 2:15am I decided to change his diaper because he was wet. After that, he settled down and although he was still somewhat restless he fell asleep. He also woke up the night before crying for andy and I. It only took me minutes to settle him and he fell back asleep no problem. Hopefully, this isn't telling of things to come though. Maybe he realizes there is change coming.

Today, we went back out to a different park with another friend and her 2 boys. The 3 boys play great together (for the most part!)  and it is easy to visit while they play. This park however had sand, and by the time we got home Eli was a mess, and had to take a bath before his nap. I made sure today was a nap day. I also noticed something else. That red rash was back, except worse. On the back of his neck, on his face, around his eye, down the side of his face. Im wondering if it was heat rash. I have issues with the sun on my face, and am allergic to a lot of sunscreens. They burn my face when they come in contact with it, however the rest of my body isn't generally an issue. This causes big issues when we take trips to hot places, or when wearing sunscreen on my face is a must!! Maybe it is something like that. Or maybe its something in the grass, or along those lines. I gave him a bath, an antihistamine, and he is now napping! Its been very quiet, which tells me he is exhausted!

And today marks 30 weeks being pregnant. 10 weeks to go, well actually 8 technically. Im starting to feel quite pregnant, and somewhat uncomfortable. Baby is moving around a ton. Andy and I get a kick out of watching my tummy move from side to side, or pushing on my tummy and having the little person inside push back, or re act! Definitely is a fun way to start to bond. Im still trying to enjoy this stage, as I think this will probably be the last time Im pregnant, and I dont want to wish it away too fast. I know what its like to just want your baby out, and then the sleep deprivation kicks in once your newborn is here. So we're trying to enjoy just being a family of 3 for the time being. For the most part though we're ready whenever, other than my head space doesn't quite feel ready! Here are a few pictures. I've totally been more relaxed about taking pictures this time around. With Eli, I would get Andy to snap some pictures every week, but this time around its all me in front of a mirror every few weeks. Ohwell, I suppose!!

Enjoy, because Im starting to feel like a whale! Oh and theres a couple pictures of Eli's rash after his bath too!!




 

No comments: