Thursday, May 17, 2012

31 weeks pregnant

We're heading into a long weekend, and I cannot wait!!

Last weekend I headed out to visit some family. Andy was supposed to work the Saturday but didn't end up having to. Eli & I ventured off on our own, and were planning on staying until Sunday. By Friday afternoon Eli was exhausted. He had gone 3 days without napping because of how our week went and was just wired. We arrived safe and sound at my aunt & uncles house. Eli was somewhat moody but warmed up well. I decided to put him down around his usual time because he hadn't been napping, however he had different plans. He was so out of control I didnt know what to do with him. He wouldn't listen, he was jumping on the bed, he was kick & hitting me. I was so extremely upset. After what felt like forever, but was really an hour or maybe a bit more he finally fell asleep. He fell asleep on the bed I had planned on sleeping, which meant I got the foamie on the floor. He is quite a restless sleeper so I didnt want to sleep with him. When I went to bed at 11:30pm that night he was still quiet, however it was a long night. I woke up every hour to him either tossing and turning or whimpering in his sleep. Then at 6:30am, he was ready to get up. There is nothing worse than being at someone else's house and having your kid wake up bright and early ready to rumble in a quiet house! On Saturday we went and did some wandering around and peeked at a garage sale. It was really nice to spend time with my family, and just visit. However, Eli was moody for most of the day, and every little thing set him off. I decided that I couldn't do another evening like we had before when it came to bedtime, nor could I have the sleep I had also experienced. We decided to head home a night early, and left they're place for the 2 hour drive home around 6:30pm. My plan of Eli sleeping on the way worked for the most part, but I did have to pull over a few times because he was upset and so exhausted. Took us longer than normal to get home, but we made it in one piece. Im disappointed that we had to head home a night early, but honestly physically and even emotionally I just felt like I couldn't fight with Eli anymore, nor could I take the constant whining. I was exhausted too... who would've thought that taking care of a moody toddler and being 31 weeks pregnant would be difficult!? But it was good to get out there. Eli got a lot more comfortable about our family, which is awesome to see. He's getting to the point now where he knows when we talk about them who they are, and who to expect. I love that! He always has a great time with them, and not to mention we are so blessed by how they lather the love on him!!

This week I am 31 weeks pregnant. Im feeling like a duck waddling around, and feeling a bit uncomfortable, but I really cant complain! My bellybutton has officially popped, and you can see it through my shirt. Sleep wise Im not doing too bad, rolling over is getting harder and harder, and Im up once sometimes twice to pee. The baby is moving around lots, but the movement has changed. More stretching, and you can feel little body parts. Not gonna lie, the other night I was sitting in our bed, and the baby was kicking up by my ribs, however it wasnt my stomach that I could see moving it was my right boob!! Kind of a weird thing to experience.

Tonight as Eli, Andy and I were laying in our bed playing Eli asked to give his baby brother a kiss, so he kissed my tummy, and then said that he loves his baby brother. Not sure if he really gets it, but he is starting to talk more and more about his baby brother. We have been so blessed by some great friends & family who've given us some clothes, and little things in preparation for the baby! I also got the stroller I was looking for. Its a snap & go stroller by baby trend. Just the single, not double. Eli doesn't ever go in a stroller, so I decided whats the point. I had the snap & go with Eli and loved it because it is so light, and small!! Best of all, this time around I got it for $35 used, instead of the $100 brand new! I love finding deals! I also found a great website online at anextraeye.com where they sell video monitors at a great price! They have a whole bunch of different options, and best of all they ship out of Sherwood Park, so instead of paying for shipping they'll deliver right to my door!! I found a video monitor that I think will suit our needs for $50!! Cant go wrong. I dont know how I lived for so long without a video monitor with Eli. And this time around, I dont see the baby being in our room for that long. Eli stayed in our room for 6 weeks or so, and this time around I think within the first week the baby will be in his room! Lots of changes, but now that Ive been through it once before I have some idea what to expect!

All in all things are really good right now. The weather has been great, good enough for me to burn, and so we've been spending lots of time at the park and outside. Cant wait for this weekend to relax and spend time with the boys!!

No comments: