Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hello Due Date!


My 40 week midwifery appointment went well. It was short and sweet. Blood pressure is great, weight gain is good, measuring at 41 weeks still, and baby is seeming to be doing well. His head is resting on my pelvic brim, where he seems to go up and down, but again she isn't concerned at all. He is moving lots, and at for charts and percentile it would appear Im well above the 90th percentile for how he is growing, weather or not that correlates with how his sizing actually is, I suppose only time will tell. She told me that most mom's will have their baby within 10 days of their due date, so we just keep on waiting! I had a few people ask me while we were out and about today when my due date is, and the look on their faces when you reply "Today." is too funny.

Other than that we're doing well. Eli was up early this morning, and after being up for 25 minutes I put him back to bed at 6:30am. He slept till 7:15am, came into our bed, and fell back asleep with me until 9am. I laid there and watched him for the majority of that time, and forced myself to just be quiet and do nothing. Who knows when Ill have that opportunity again!!

Had some contractions this evening, but they seem to have tapered off. Im hoping maybe theyll continue over the next few days and then when its actually time to have the baby it'll be short and sweet cause Ive been laboring for a few days! Probably wont happen that way, but its worth wishing!

Keep you posted!!

No comments: