Tuesday, July 24, 2012

This & That ...

I've had a lot of people encourage me with how strong Ive been to just be patient and wait it out. My mother in law told me last week that she is so impressed with how I've been over this whole pregnancy, and taking care of myself. And even more so impressed with how patient and willing I am to still continue living my life while waiting for a baby!! Sometimes I feel like its a bit of an act, but I suppose it comes from somewhere, and Im so sure about the decisions we've made when it comes to this pregnancy!

For those of you who have encouraged me, or have been praying for us, we really do appreciate it!

This week I was feeling extremely stressed as my mother in law has a busy week with work and commitments, and my mom is also working too. I was feeling like "Okay, if I go into labor then what? We need someone to watch/care for Eli!!" Maybe I was feeling somewhat sorry for myself, but I realized that I am so out of control that there is no point in even thinking about it. No point in worrying about the "what if's?" In my need to feel in control I realized that it will all work out, and my mom has made herself available anytime this week, except for one meeting she has that has been on the books for awhile, but guess what... that one meeting she has just so happens to land on the same day that my mother in law is absolutely wide open available!! Between the 2 schedules someone is available at all times to be there for us!

This extra time that we've had has also been really great for Eli, Andy and I. We've spent time going to the park, playing hide n seek around the house, blowing bubbles outside, and just being together. Tonight we went for a walk to the park, and Andy convinced me to just leave the dinner mess on the table and lets go. This is very out of ordinary for me, and to be honest made me feel uncomfortable to just walk away from it and go out the door... but its a growing time!! Maybe the Lord's trying to teach me something in all of this waiting.

Tomorrow I have a massage booked, and am looking forward to relaxing. Ive had a number of women tell me they went for a deep tissue massage and had their babies shortly after that! The thing with all the natural induction methods (like massage or acupuncture) is that if your body/baby is not ready, nothings gonna kick start labor. So we'll see what happens come tomorrow!

Im totally scared for the change thats about to come, the lack of sleep, figuring out a new routine and a new life, but I also have to say I feel really blessed. In a sense Ive been feeling so hormonal and almost sorry for myself because our life is about to get thrown upside down, yet there are families who long to have a baby.

My parents had a garage sale over the weekend, and a couple came by and picked up a few items. I was sitting outside and the woman came over and gently touched my tummy and said "Your having a baby?" Sounds like a dumb question right? "Yup, we're just waiting, any day now." This young woman proceeded to break down into tears and tell us how her and her husband are doing IVF treatments, and there was an issue at the clinic and the dr's & nurses aren't taking responsibility for what happened, and she'll need to do another treatment, which costs $7000. She's had friends tell her to just get over it, and yet her heart hurts so bad. My in my hormonal state started also crying, because I felt so blessed in that moment, and yet my heart ached because this woman would do anything to have a baby, and she's grieving the possibility of getting pregnant. She said they have no family here, ( I believe they were immigrants) and had to come up with more money if they wanted to do another round of IVF. My mom and I both stood up to talk to her, and when she was done telling us her story asked her if we could pray for her. She said yes, and we did. Im not sure if I will ever see her again, but her story helped to put things into perspective and maybe switch my attitude a bit. The sad part is these stories are not uncommon! I continue to pray for her and her husband, and believe she was brought to the garage sale for a reason!! Im sure she doesn't think that her story and emotions changed my attitude and heart.

Not to be a downer, but I really felt it was important to share that! Im off to eat a chocolate bar and watch some junky girl TV as andy's out at the gym, perfect excuse to watch whatever I want!


1 comment:

Sarah Morton said...

Hang in there Karla! I know it's hard. I was due with Taylor July 2nd and he wasn't born until July 21st. Wishing you a happy home birth.