Wednesday, August 15, 2012

11 Days Gone By

Its  been 11 days since we had baby Judah. Its true when people say that it goes by so fast, it does!! I cant believe its been 11 days already... but this newborn stage is hard, and I feel like my life is also dragging on. Especially the nights! Oh the wonderful nights!!

Andy went back to work this week, and I didnt know how it was going to be adjusting to 2 by myself. Im not going to lie, its been hard but I feel like Im managing. Maybe ask me at the end of the week how we're all doing though. Eli has done really really well adjusting to having Judah around. He wants to give him lots of hugs and kisses, and other than me not being able to get up and do something for him right at the moment he is doing great!!

Judah was weighed on Friday and actually put weight on. 9 lbs 11 oz. He was 9lbs 9 oz at birth... so I have to be doing something right when it comes to breastfeeding. Thats another story though. We're having some issues, and Im not surprised but i had the same issues with Eli. Too much milk, and an overactive let down. Makes for a whole lot of milk for a little baby and he ends up choking and gasping as soon as he nurses. Also means he is really gassy, and pulls off my breast multiple times throughout a nursing session and doesn't want to go back on. Its extremely stressful, but we're working through it, and Im hopefully getting some help from the breastfeeding clinic next week sometime.

Sleep wise... well whats sleep, really? Its over rated right? Judah is usually doing stretches of 2-3 hours, but sometimes less. Last night I was up almost every hour, but I think the issue is he falls asleep on my breast before he's fully full and then wakes up an hour later hungry. I find this really hard to also get a handle on, however I know it will continue to get easier... its only for a short time that we'll be sleep deprived. For the first few days he was sleeping in our room, and Andy was downstairs. No point in both of us being exhausted, however now Judah is out of our room and Andy is back. Judah is one noisy sleeper. Ask anyone who has met him already, and they'll tell you that he is grunty, and loud when he sleeps. Im a light sleeper, and so anytime I hear his little noises I assumed he was waking up, but nope, he's asleep! Kind of frustrating, but what do you do? So now he is in his room in his crib. Yes this means I have to get up to walk down the hall to his room, but it sure is nice when I get back to bed and it quiet, and I have the bed to just me and my husband.

We had some newborn/family pictures done on Sunday, and Im so excited about them. The photographer sent us a few sneak peeks, and they're beautiful! I cant wait to see the rest.

All in all things are good. We are trying to get into a routine, and so far I've been out every day with both kids, sometimes with help from my mom or sister, or sometimes not. As long as I time it right with Judah's feeding we're good to go. Im having trouble not feeling guilty about not being able to play with Eli as much or spend as much time with him because Im spending so much time on the couch feeding the baby. I know though that this will pass, and also get easier. Just a matter of time, but for right now I miss spending that one on one time with Eli so much!

Anyways thats a quick update of how our lives are going with a new baby. I know soon it should start to feel somewhat normal, and I cant wait for that.

Here are some pictures!! Enjoy!!

Oh also!! I had my orthodontist appointment this morning, and the braces are ready to come off!! Yess!!! I have an appointment in 3.5 weeks to go in and have them off! Now to find a sitter to watch both boys, and lets home that Judah will take a bottle at that point if need be!! At any rate, I cant wait to have them off!
















2 comments:

Barb said...

LOVE the pictures Karla! Congrats again, he's so cute!!

Anna N. said...

What wonderful photos! Congratulations to all of you. Thinking of you guys every time we drive by your house.