Sunday, August 26, 2012

3 weeks

Life has been busy, obviously by the lack of blogging that Ive been doing. Judah is 3 weeks old, and life is finally starting to feel normal. Eli is doing so well with Judah, this past week was easier than the one before, and I feel like our days are starting to get a bit of routine. At least the mornings are.

Last week I headed off to the breastfeeding clinic to get some help with a few issues. I have an overactive letdown, so Judah gets drowned in milk. When he nurses he chokes and gags on the milk, and takes in so much air. It breaks my heart because I can hear the air going down into his tummy, and he pulls off and just screams! Its extremely hard, and theres really nothing I can do about it except wait it out. It should get better as he gets bigger, hopefully around 3 months it should even out. This is discouraging since he's only 3 weeks, but I continue to tough it out. Im thankful that if need be I can go back to the clinic anytime to get help.

Sleep wise, Im exhausted. For the most part Judah is waking up every 2 hours. I got a taste though of a 3 hour stretch & a 4 hour stretch, which felt incredible... but going back to 2 hour stretches is really hard. I continue to tell myself though this is only temporary, and there will be an end in sight when I eventually get to sleep again.

Things are starting to feel somewhat normal, which Im thankful for, and Im also thankful that Eli is loving his brother so much. Today he wanted to pull Judah around in his wagon outside. It warms my heart!!

All in all things are good, theres a quick update for you.




1 comment:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Karla, I had the same let down issue! I received some fantastic advice...

Begin nursing laying down on your back. It's easiest to do if you have a recliner, as you can get him latched on, then lean back, and once the let down lets up, you can move back into a sitting position. But it is possible to do on a couch or bed, too.

This made a huge difference - less choking, less air in the belly, less fussing. And after a couple weeks, my let down relaxed and it was no longer necessary.

I can't wait to meet your little fella!