Sunday, October 28, 2012

3 Months & Babywise Sleep Training

Judah is 3 months old.
Its pretty incredible that in 3 months, a little person can grow from this:
(Btw, he still sleeps like this every single night!!! Must've been how he hung out in the womb!!)




To This:




Our little Judah is not so little anymore! He is weighing about 16 lbs (which is almost, not quite double his birth weight!!) ,and is almost rolling over!! He is one of the happiest most content babies I know, however I may be a tad biased! He smiles at everything and is evening starting to giggle, but you have to work really hard to get it out of him! He is holding his head up so well, and loves sitting up. I think we'll be trying out the jolly jumper & exersaucer very soon!!

This weekend we started doing a bit of sleep training. I had had someone tell me about the Babywise method (quite controversial, you can google it if youd like to read more about it!)but its all about time blocks, and a routine of eat, play, sleep.Also letting your baby self sooth themselves (so some crying it out, but Im not quite willing to do that at only 3 months!!) and going to sleep on their own. We started yesterday, and we had a great night of sleep!! 

We started first thing in the morning. Im doing 3-4 hour blocks of time, depending on how he's doing with it. So we start off with a full feeding almost as soon as he wakes up. Then he has some play time/hang out time, and once he's ready for a nap, I swaddle him in his woombie, pop the soother in his mouth (yes its a sleep prop, but for the time being its working!) bounce him in my arms for 1-2 minutes, and put him down somewhat awake. Yesterday, he went to sleep on his own, and even watched me walk out of the room. Last night after a full day of scheduling like this he slept from 8:30pm till just shy of 4am. I was shocked. So we'll see how tonight goes!

I cant believe Judah is 3 months old already. Its goes by so fast!! Im still continuing to pump and bottle feed and it feels like we're settling into more of a routine with that. Im trying to build my freezer stash as much as possible, and in the last 3 weeks Ive been able to freeze 50 ounces of breast milk, and still have enough to feed him during the day! We're going to have to invest in a chest freezer soon since all we have is our fridge freezer!

Eli is still doing great with Judah. On Friday morning as we were getting ready to go to Eli's preschool program Judah was laying on our bed, and Eli was hanging out with me as I got dressed. Eli crawled onto the bed and quietly whispered to Judah, "Judah, I have a secret for you . . . I really really love you." And that was that!! My heart melted. He is so in love with his brother, and doesn't show any signs of jealousy at all!!

We're looking forward to taking Eli trick or treating this week, and every night Eli asks if its time to go yet. Not sure what we're going to do with all the candy but it will be a special evening for us!
Ill make sure to post pictures!!


No comments: