Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cloth Diapering

The last 2 nights Judah has slept incredible. I dont want to jinx it, but it has been incredible! Like I mentioned he did the 12 hours the one night, and then last night he slept from 7:30pm-4:am. Its not 12 hours, but Ill take it!

I also came down with a cold yesterday so decided to go to bed at 9pm. After I fed him at 4am, I decided to pump before I went back to bed. If I had waited until 7:00-7:30ish when Eli got up, Id be more than uncomfortable! While I pumped I watched Judah on the baby monitor and I noticed that he was laying on his tummy. He was also stuck on his tummy. Generally he'll roll onto his side but this time I guess he just kept going onto his tummy. He's moving more and more while he sleeps. Its always interesting to see where he'll be in his crib when I get him up.

My last post I had mentioned I have started cloth diapering again with Judah. I knew I wanted to cloth diaper but waited until he wasn't pooping every 15 minutes! Serious. So now that he's only pooping every 2-3 days, cloth diapering is so much easier, and super cute! Even when he does poop I dont have to spray the diaper down, I can just toss it right into the washing machine and thats that! Once he starts solids it'll be a different story, but for the time being I just toss it into our wet bag and it waits until wash day! Im washing every 2 days, and I have enough diapers that I could go longer than that.

Right now Im using Happy Heinys, and Kawaii diapers. They are a one size pocket diaper. The Happy Heinys have velcro, and the Kawaii have snaps. I much prefer the velcro over the snaps, but I have an assortment of each.

Washing the diapers is super easy too! When I cloth diapered with Eli I used rockin' green detergent. A special cloth diaper detergent, but now I am using just plain old Tide. My girlfriend was telling me how she uses Tide, and after doing some research quite a few cloth diapering momma's do as well. I love the fact that it has a scent! The diapers come out smelling clean and fresh! I love cloth diapering!

On top of cloth diapering, we're also using cloth wipes. All Im using are those little baby cloths, fold them, place them into a wipes dispenser, and then use water, with some lavendar, and johnsons soap. It works great, and its just as easy as regular wipes because it all just gets tossed into the same bag!

I plan on taking some pictures of Judah in his cute little cloth diapers, including a grey one with skulls on it!!

For anyone looking into cloth diapering, if you have any questions please let me know, and Id love to answer!! Karlaandandy@hotmail.com


No comments: