Monday, November 19, 2012

Flu Season & Sleep

I hate flu season!

Seems like we cant seem to get cold/germ free this year! Once one cold is gone, within a few days another one is back. Eli's nose started running a few days, and now he's back to coughing. When I went in to tuck him in lsat night before I went to bed, I checked his temperature since he felt warm, and he had a bit of a fever. But upon getting me up at 3:30am, his fever was gone.

Yesterday, Judah was fine, and now upon waking up this morning he has a very phlemy, wet cough. Maybe its because he's not feeling 100% but he slept from 7:30pm-7:00am, without getting up to eat! He has never done this. The longest he has ever done is 8 hours, and that was probably 2 months ago! I however, woke up multiple times ready to get up to feed him, or to look on the video monitor to make sure everything was okay! And then at 3:30am, Eli woke up because he was hungry (yes he's still not eating his dinners, and is going to bed hungry!) so I went and tucked him back into bed, gave him a cuddle and crawled back into bed myself.

I forgot what feeling exhausted and having to operate was like. Now especially with a toddler running around, I find it harder. With just one you can sleep when they sleep, but its not that easy anymore. Judah was a great sleeper at the beginning, and now the longest stretch he'll do is 5 hours. After that, he is awake every 3.  There is no reason for a 16 pound baby to be eating that much at night. Last week I started watering his bottles down bit by bit. Adding up the ounces he's been eating more at night than during the day. I think thats one of our first issues we have to tackle! Increase the day time calories he's taking in. I am still exclusively pumping, and have no issues getting enough milk, so thats not a concern.

 If I remember correctly, I think yesterday he did eat more than he usually does during the day, so maybe that has something to do with him sleeping so long last night! Dont get me wrong when it comes to the sleep, I dont have a problem getting up say around 3:30am to feed him. But I'm not the happiest mommy when he goes to bed at 7:30pm, has a dream feed around 10pmish, is up and wanting to eat between 12:30-1am, then again at 4am, and again at 7am! No need for that! We'll see what tonight brings, but I plan on continuing to water down one of his bottles in the middle of the night if its anything less than 5-6 hours since his last feeding.

This past weekend, Andy had the opportunity to work overtime, and he decided to take the offer. We're hoping he can stay home for 2 weeks over Christmas, instead of 1, so saving up extra money (at time and a half!) would be great... however it also means he needs to work over time and do extra side jobs. Its a lot of work for both of us, but come Christmas I know it'll be worth it!

Because, Andy was away most of the weekend I had to keep us relatively busy. On Saturday I asked Eli what he wanted to do, and he said he wanted to go to the airport. He remembers when we went there for our trip to mexico when he was 1.5! He's been asking to go to the airport  for months, obviously I keep telling him no. So, when he asked if he could go to the airport on Saturday I told him no, but when I talked to my mom she suggested we do head out there. And we did. We took a field trip to the airport to watch the trains go up and down, and go exploring! He loved it, and asked if we could go on Sunday when we got up. I dont think the airport will be a trip we're taking again anytime soon! But it was so awesome to hear him so happy to see the planes!

This week we're back into our routine with our weekly things to do. Bible study, moms group, Eli's preschool program, and Ive thrown one more into the mix. Im attending Alpha at church. Its a chance to learn more about the bible, and more about the Christian faith. Usually, its for new Christians, but Ive never taken Alpha before and though it might be a good chance to learn more, its free, and an evening out. Im looking forward to it! So all in all I think it'll be a busy week!

Ill try to update with some pictures this week, including some cute cloth diaper pictures of Judah!



No comments: