Thursday, November 26, 2015

A Little Bit of Paint

If you know me, you'll know I love painting, and basically anything Do It Yourself (DIY).

Over the last few years, Ive really started to do more painting and DIY. When we were getting our properties ready to sell we decided to do most of the work ourselves, apart from a few things.

Painting is one of the things that is easiest to do and it can make a world of a difference in how your home looks.

Since we moved into our new home, Ive had the itch to paint. The color in our home isn't horrible, but its all the same color. I need something more than just one color! I mean seriously as I sit here Ive just put on a coat of nail polish on my nails! We need color people!!

So, Andy and I have talked a lot about paint colors, and what might work in our house and what might not. Ive done a whole lot of pinning on pinterest, and knew what I liked and what I didn't like.

One morning after I spent the evening searching my heart out online for paint colors, I decided that today was the day, and I was going to start by painting one wall. The accent wall! The wall with the fireplace. I had an idea of what color I would like to do, so I walked into Rona, grabbed a paint swatch and walked out with my paint. If you know me, you know thats how I roll, and it drives my husband crazy!

Lucky for me, it turned out well. The color looks amazing!

This was the conversation when Andy got home and saw the wall:

Andy: "Karla!! You painted!? I thought we agreed that we were going to talk about these things before we do them?"

Karla: "Andy!! Thats all we've been doing is talking about painting, so I decided it was time to do something."

Andy: "It looks really good."

Karla: "I know."

And thats how the accent wall was born. But it didn't stop there. This week I had that itch come up again. Seriously, I can't push it down. While standing in my kitchen making meals, or tidying, I stare at this one wall, and its calling my name to be painted. So I grabbed my paint can and went to it. Even Judah got to help, and i have to say it looks good!

Ready to see the pictures??


Here is the before, notice all the walls are the same color??



And After! What do you think!?





And here is the impromptu painting of another wall. Im happy with it, honestly I love this color so much I feel like one by one all of my walls could turn into it, but Im going to stop myself. Ill find a different color to paint the rest.





Painting is one of those things that is so easy, and can transform a space!! What do you think about the color?