Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bed Time Caanot Come Soon Enough

It's been a hard morning. Eli woke up at 7:45a.m and slept great the whole night, as always! He very rarely wakes up once we put him down around 7:00P.M. He is very chatty in the mornings, but if I leave him in his crib too long without going in, he's not happy.

This morning was something else. As soon as I got him up and fed him he starting whining. I played with him for awhile, and then went to go get myself some breakfast. Guess who started whining? Eli. He complained and whined the whole morning. I tried to feed him breakfast. He refuses anything, even the cheerios that I put on his highchair tray he starts complaining about. I made him some toast with a bit of jam on it, surely he cant complain about something sweet tasting. Refused to let it go near his mouth!

When I put him down he crawls up to my legs and pulls on my pants for me to pick him up. If I dont, he whines. So when I pick him up and sit down with him, he whines. He refuses to cuddle, and doesn't want to sit still but he's not happy. He loves the bathtub so I put him in, and he was happy playing in the water for 10 minutes while I sat beside the bathtub reading. 10 minutes of no whining this morning was like heaven! A whole ten minutes! Then it started again. Finally it was 9:30 and I fed him a bottle, let him play until he whined, and up into bed he went.

I hopped into the shower,and got ready and all was quiet for a bit, but I've just heard him making noises. Generally he sleeps for close to 2 hours in the morning, so he still has another hour and a bit left!!

 We're off to explore Kids Quarterz today with a friend, but I have a feeling it may be too busy for us to play. Since Eli is only a crawling machine, and not walking he may get trampled over by big kids who are on spring break. We'll see what happens. If its too busy we could always go over to Millenium place and find something there to do.

I have a feeling that today could be one of those days where Eli's bed time cannot come soon enough . . . and its only 10:30a.m! Am I the only one that has these days!?

1 comment:

Paige said...

No, I have that day, everyday! It is almost harder when only dealing with one, instead of two, or well... many more than two!