Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Outcome

Well my brother in laws trial ended this week. The outcome of the trial is this: Acquitted of manslaughter, and negligence causing death. Both John and Lisa will be charged with negligence causing death. There will be jail time for them, however Johns laywer thinks that there may be a possibility it might only be for 6 months or so.

I need to watch what I say when it comes to this topic. I do have very strong feelings. And although Andy doesn't want to be involved much when it comes to the trial and doesn't want to know whats going on he said to me last night, "I'm one neice short because of their negligence." I feel the same way. I agree that acquitting the manslaughter charge is fair and I respect the Judge's decision, however criminal negligence causing death I feel is something that they should be charged with. John & Lisa's direct actions (or lack of actions) caused a little girl to not have a chance at having a life. Its sad, and what has happened has happened.

Now we wait until next Friday to find out their jail time. Either way, it is a sad outcome in my opinion.

No comments: