Thursday, April 1, 2010

Days like today

Its days like today that make being a mom totally worth it.

After a relatively hard night, Eli decided to get up at 7:15a.m, which is earlier than usual. I wasn't looking forward to getting up but as I laid there and listen to him talk I decided something. We need to start feeding Eli more solids than formula. Generally just in the morning (before noon) he will eat around anywhere from 14-16 oz. In my opinion too much formula for his age right now.

So this morning I decided that we're going to have breakfast (solids) before he has a bottle. Usually our schedule is I feed him a bottle (8oz) and then he only wants a bit of breakfast after. My bad, right?

This morning I gave him apples, bananas, and rice cereal for breakfast. And boy did he eat. At one point I asked him if he wanted more and did the sign (in sign language) for more. And he attempted to do it back to me. I couldn't believe it. I made him more cereal and he ate all of it! We went out to a friends place for lunch and he had some rice cereal aswell as carrots... he didnt eat too much but he seems happy. He just finished a snack of cucumber, cheese, and some wheat puffs. The best part about it is that he has had less than 8 oz of formula today! Success!!

This morning he was also very content after breakfast to just sit in my lap and play with a toy in his hand. He'd babble, and play with me while sitting in my lap! He never does that! It was such a special moment, and although it wasn't cuddling like most babys do, I'm sure it was cuddling Eli style!

On the way home from out lunch play with date, Eli fell asleep in the car. When we got home he was still asleep, so intead of pulling him out I grabbed my book and read for a bit. I ended up watching him sleep more than I did read, but it was so beautiful.

Its days like today that make being a mom so worth it, and really pay off! I'm so grateful that after such a hard day yesterday Eli is feeling better, and has been such a joy to be around!


Eli has started to make this face again whenever I take pictures of him! How can you resist this face?!

No comments: