Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A God Thing

So if you haven't read my previous post on Stepping Stones, make sure you go back and read it before continuing on with this post! Yes 2 posts in 1 day!

Ever heard of a God thing? Or conincidence that is just too crazy to believe!? Well I had one today!

I went to go and meet the young woman from Stepping Stones at Tim Hortons. Really nice, pretty, exactly what I expected! We start chatting, she told me a bit about herself, and then I told her a bit about  myself. She told me a bit about what Stepping Stones does, and who they are. Basically its all about building relationships with the young moms and moms to be! She pretty much has the best job out there! She gets to hang out and be friends to teen moms, even better she gets paid to do it!

I got confirmation that this is the organization I'm supposed to be volunteering with about 15 minutes into our conversation. "And are you a Christian?" She asked. "Uh yeah I'am." "Good she said. Stepping Stones is a Christian organization, that is affiliated through Youth For Christ. Any volunteers have to be a Christian." What are the chances of that!? I seriously had no idea whatsoever. It was never indicated to me while emailing back and forth, or on the website anywhere!

So the way it works is I'll be expected to set aside a few hours a week to meet and get together in a group setting. I'll also be asigned a teen mom to be a mentor too. This means getting together every couple of weeks, and chatting once a week to make sure things are going well for her. Another thing of confirmation for me is the fact that I can bring Eli to any and all meetings or any volunteering I'm doing! They have childcare at times, and any of the group settings where we hang out each of the girls brings their baby and thats that! How cool is that!? Its not far from where we live either, should take only about 12 minutes to get there. AND I go to the first meeting on Thursday! I'm totally excited, and just cant believe how neat this worked out!

I mentioned to Andy tonight as we were eating supper that had the Terra Association had a volunteer coordinator, and if the woman wasnt so rude to me I probably wouldn't have ended up looking into Stepping Stones like I did. But because the circumstances with Terra were the way they were, I pursued Stepping Stones, and it has just confirmed that thats where I'm supposed to be putting in my time!

Now thats what I call A God Thing  . . . not coincidence! Its too cool how God even cares about those little things, hey?!

No comments: